Chapter 1

Notes:

...spoiler, when I said everyone's living, I mean it-

TAKEMICHI'SGONNASAVEAKANEANDSHINICHIRO-forget you ever saw this.

'I'm hungry, should I make chicken today?' 'Wonder if my son forgot to lift the stove lid before 5.' 'My dog is so cute~!'

Takemichi ignored the passing voices, focusing on Yamagishi ranting about magazines being an extra 100 yen more expensive. "LIKE, THEY DON'T KNOW THE LIFE OF POOR HIGH-SCHOOLERS!!" "Calm down Yamagishi, you're like a human microphone with your loudness." "HAH!?"

'Ah, there's the ramen shop.' "Oi Yamagishi, is that the store you were talking about?" Takemichi kicked the behind of his friend's knee, watching him trip and fall. "YOU BAS-oh yeah it is!"

Having been stressed with upcoming exams, they boys decided to eat some good ramen they found online that was nearby and relax a bit. "I'm so gonna try the eating challenges if there's one!" Makoto cheered confidently. "Don't. Last time you tried, you got last place and threw up in the bathroom." Atsushi shook his head. "Dammit...~"

They brushed under the red Noren, getting a blast of heat and the scent of oil to their face. "WELCOME!!!" 'Oily.' 'Scary.' 'Hot.' 'Where do we sit?' 'THAT CHEST IS BI-' "Yamagishi, shut it." "Sorry." Yes, the Mizo five know of Takemichi's ability and has done a pretty good job keeping it a secret surprisingly.

"Guys, let's go sit over there." Takuya pointed to six empty seats in front of the chef. They sat down and looked at the menu. Takemichi wanted something not spicy and oily since he had a high metabolism.

Makoto, being the one who has visited multiple ramen shops before, knew how to order. "That's all? Okay. POPS! ONE..." Takemichi blocked out the screaming by plugging his ears with his fingers. 'One day, Makoto, Yamagishi. Imma fucking cover your mouths with fucking duct tape I swear to go-'

"GOT IT!!" The chef yelled back. 'Ugh, I hope this ramen is worth it...'

...

It was worth it. Takemichi happily ate his noodles while savoring the flavors. Despite Atsushi's warning, Makoto went and joined the eating challenge they had. Four people entered the shop and took the seats available next to Takemichi's group.

Paying no mind to them, Takemichi was on his second bowl already. 'It's good, but I don't have the confidence to order it like Makoto by myself...' Takemichi sulked, knowing that the only way to ever come back to this shop with his friends without getting teased is to wait for them to suggest going to this place again.

"GO GO, MAKOTO!!" Yamagishi cheered, mouth full of noodles. "ORAAAAAA!!!!" Makoto went full saiyen mode, trying to devour the noodles without choking and as quickly as possible. 'I don't know them, I don't them...' Takemichi chanted in his head.

Drowning out his friend's shouting, Takemichi went back to eating in peace, having already gotten used to the voices coming to his head. Yes, a peaceful day just eating rame-

'Getting dumped by my 35th crush...is the universe trying to tell me I'm suppose to be gay?' "PFT-"

"Takemichi!?" "Holy shit, are you choking on noodles!?" Takuya and Atsushi punched Takemichi's back. Shinichiro flinched in surprise when the person next to him started choking. Takemichi thankfully chugged his glass of water in time to swallow the noodles that got stuck in his throat. 'Oh my god, that came out of nowhere!!!' Takemichi internally snickered, remembering the weird question.

"Hey man, you alright?" Shinichiro asked out of worry. "Y-yeah! I'm fine!!" Takemichi reassured, coughing. "Okay...?" Shinichiro drawled out, unaware he was the reason why Takemichi was choking. Yamagishi sighed in relief and was about to go back to cheering on Makoto when he realized the man two seats next to Takemichi looked familiar. A bit too familiar.

"...Ah. AHH!! T-that hairstyle, the earring!! It's Kodo Rengo's and Ragnarok's former presidents!!" He yelled, pointing at the two who were innocently eating their noodles. "Hm? Ah, me?" Wakasa pointed to himself. "Ye-I MEAN NEVERMIND, SORRY TO BOTHER!" Yamagishi sat down immediately, looking away.

Takemichi cursed at Yamagishi for drawing those guys; attention on their group. Truth be told, he heard their thoughts and got the hint already that they were dangerous to deal with. "It's been a while since I heard someone call me that~." Wakasa chuckled. "Same, feels nostalgic for some reason!" Benkei laughed. Meanwhile, Takeomi was scrolling through his phone.

"Hey, glasses kid! You a fan of delinquents!?" Shinichiro asked, looking at the scared Yamagishi. "Y-y-y-y-yes, sir!" 'Yamagishi, shut it before you make us friends with delinquents again. The ones from before were already a bitch to deal with.'

"Sweet! Do you know the Black Dragons?" "O-Of course I do!" Then Yamagishi's encyclopedia side came out.

'Peace while eating noodles. Can I please that before I cry over my exams?' Takemichi almost snapped his chopsticks in half.