chapter eight

I woke up sore and was grateful that I didn't have class today. I have 3 classes a week and it's on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I scheduled it like that to give myself a break.

I looked over to the counter by my bed and saw that it was 10 A.M. I figured I would've woken up later due to the late time I went to sleep at. I rolled out of bed and got in the shower. I needed to wash off the guilt I was feeling.

I was never one to sleep with someone so soon and I felt like I lost my self respect. I felt like Milo was never going to speak to me now that I let him have sex with me. Maybe he thought I didn't have any self respect either.

Ariya always told me that I shouldn't hold myself up to such high standards but I couldn't help it. I never judged Ariya when she had one night stands, or slept with people after a few days of knowing them, but I always judged myself.

When I was finally done with my shower I decided to go talk to Ariya and see if she wanted to go out for lunch.

When I walked into the living room she was already in there, on the couch listening to music. She didn't notice me at first but when I walked into her vision she let out a smile and took her airpods out. "Good morning beautiful."

I smiled back at her. "Do you want to go out to lunch? There's a grand opening down the road for this new chinese buffet and I've been craving chinese."

Ariya immediately sat up from her seat on the couch "Absolutely, I could never turn down chinese, also this gives you a chance to tell me all about the details from last night." she smirked at me.

I knew that would be one of the first things she said to me today. Ariya has always been so damn nosy.

I rolled my eyes and threw her keys at her, I was in no mood to drive. As we were heading down the hallways to get the exit I sighed, "Ariya there isn't even much to talk about with Milo."

She gave me a look that concluded she didn't believe a word that I was saying. "Next time try to sound more convincing." We arrived to her car and I took the aux cord before she could.

"What if I wanted to play the music." she rolled her eyes at me. "Well too bad, I want to listen to Brent Faiyaz. I'm not in the mood for whatever hype music I know you would've put on."

"Whatever." She replied, "Now where is this restaurant?"

I got out my phone to put the restaurant into my GPS. I know it's not far but I don't know the specific location. "Here." I put my phone onto the phone holder in the middle of the car.

It didn't take us long to arrive to the restaurant. It was only an 8 minute drive, and I wasn't surprised to see there was a good amount of people parked outside. "I hope there's room for us in there." Ariya commented. I nodded my head to agree with her while stepping out of the car and heading to the front doors, our arms interlocked.

The place was pretty big and there were a few tables open. A nice looking waitress with brown shoulder length hair walked up to us and led us to a table near the back. The place was super nice and roomy, not to mention the food smelled great. "What can I get y'all to drink?" Ariya and I both replied "Sprite." at the same time, the waitress looked at both of us with a smile while writing in her notepad. "Okay I'll be right back with your drinks, enjoy the buffet."

"Ready?" Ariya asked.

"Yes I'm starving."

And with that we practically ran to the buffet and filled our plates. When we got back to the table our drinks were already there.

"So.. Spill."

"Ariya, seriously." I grunted, she was obviously amused by my frustration. "We had sex, okay."

Ariya choked on her drink. "WHAT! You're kidding?! What has gotten into you?" her lips were twisted into the biggest smile.

"Yeah, I'm not proud of it." I frowned.

When Ariya noticed that I was upset her smile dropped. "Nicole how many times do I need to tell you that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself? It's not a crime to sleep with somebody."

"Well what if he thinks of me different now. What if he thinks I have no respect for myself?" Ariya looked at me with a saddened look. "Nicole, check your phone. I bet you a million bucks you have a text from him."

"You know how guys are though, once they get what they want they're gone." I frowned. "And I actually really like this one. He was so nice."

"Yeah maybe the guys back at home, but this is college. Not that guys are that different, but I really think you've found a keeper. I'm jealous to be honest."

"Ariya you are literally one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever met. You have men drop to their knees for you." I groaned.

Which was true. Ever since high school, and even middle school guys took a liking Ariya. She was the girl every guy wanted. I was always the second choice compared to her.

"We're both hot okay. Now check your phone and tell me I'm right."

"Okay fine." I grabbed my phone from my pocket and opened my messages and sure enough I did have a text from Milo.

"hi:)"

I smiled and that was enough for Ariyas smile to return back to her face. "Told you." She grinned.

I looked up at Ariya who was finishing what was left on her plate. I had already finished my food and was too full to function.

"Ready to go?" I questioned. Ariya gave me a nod and with that we cleaned up our space and went to pay for our food. We decided to split the bill and each give our waitress a $10 tip for being so nice.

A/N

what's is your fav type of food?

mines mexican