Chapter 6

Eris was right all along, he knew that you're lying as he sent you, Sinbad, and Marina back to the mortal world. He then watched the three mortals falling to the sands only to be floated in the air and dropped to the ground. Marina and Sinbad watched the portal to Tartarus disappeared before their eyes.

"How can you tell if she's lying?"

Eris was startled and turned around to see a familiar god clad in white.

"Harmonio. What brings you here?" he asked as he looked down at his counterpart.

"I heard you gave a simple question to (Y/n). And to think you thought she was wrong, I however, believe that she chose the right answer." Harmonio explaind.

"How can you be so sure, dear brother?" Eris asked.

"It's because she tells the truth, whether you may think she's lying or not. I would suggest you will have to find out and see, Eris."

Eris stood still and stared at Harmonio.

"Fine. I'll find out and see about that." Eris then left as Harmonio watched him leave.

You were unconscious in who knows how long. You remembered that Eris ruthlessly pushed you off the cliff after you gave the wrong answer. You heard Sinbad's voice calling to you.

"(Y/n). (Y/n). Wake up."

You slowly opened her (e/c) eyes and stared at Sinbad and Marina, much to their relief.

"Wha... What happened?" You slowly sat up and looked around.

"We're back where we are." Sinbad answered.

You began to realize something and quickly asked again, "What about Tartarus?"

Sinbad silently shook his head and you quickly stood up to see the doors to Tartarus. The portal was already gone while you were unconscious.

You knew that you chose the wrong answer. You accepted your fate and you failed to retrieve the Book of Peace from Eris, God of Discord. You stared at the ocean, not making another word in about an hour.

You began to apologize, "Marina... I'm sorry. Eris is right about me."

Marina refused the fact and said, "No, he's not. You answered his question and you told him the truth."

"How? Truth or not, I was just pretending to be someone I'm not supposed to be."

"(Y/n), I've seen who you are!" Marina exclaimed. "You don't need to pretend. Eris trapped you! Why should you or Proteus or anyone have to die?!"

"Marina... I appreciate your concerns..." You turned around, but you were interrupted as Marina placed her hands on your shoulders.

"No! You need to escape. Get as far away as you can. I'll go back and I'll explain everything."

"Marina... You don't have to do this for me."

Marina's tears began to well up and said, "I can't watch you die! You're... You're like a little sister to me."

"Marina..."

You began to wonder that Marina was actually trying to do this to save you for Sinbad's sake.

You then asked, "Marina, tell me. Who do you love the most, the prince... or a thief?"

Marina was surprised as if you were aware of her reason for trying to stop you from accepting your death.

She then answered, "I love Sinbad."

You chuckled as you knew it all along. Marina saved Sinbad and his men from the sirens and Sinbad rescue Marian from the snow roc. You even realized that Sinbad had feelings for Marina ever since he first met her long ago.