Chapter Nine - The Sports Festival Continues

After a brief intermission, the Sports Festival continued. The next matches were soon decided.

Match #1: Jaden Korr VS Gungi

Match #2: Petro VS Katooni

Match #3: Byph VS Jinx

Match #4: Xanatos VS Serra Keto

As the next matches were shown, Katooni and Petro looked to each other, knowing that they would be battling each other.

Katooni: So we're going to be fighting each other.....

Petro: Sure looks like it. Don't hold back on me, Katooni!

Katooni smiled at Petro's words. Despite having to fight against a friend, it was clear to Katooni that Petro wouldn't let this fight get in the way of their friendship. But that was for another time as Gungi's match against Jaden Korr was underway. The students from both Class 001 and Class 002 cheered for their classmate. As Gungi and Jaden entered the arena, Present Mic announces the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): AND HERE WE HAVE THE FIRST MATCH OF THE QUARTER FINALS! THE RIVALRY BETWEEN CLASS 001 AND CLASS 002 CONTINUES! FIRST, WE HAVE JADEN KORR FROM CLASS 002! AND HIS OPPONENT HAILS FROM CLASS 001! GIVE IT UP FOR GUNGI!

As the crowd cheered for Jaden and Gungi, the two Jedi Initiates saluted each other.

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

As Present Mic announced the fight, Gungi readied his Lightsaber and charged at Gungi. Jaden reaches for his Lightsaber and activated it's blue blade. As Jaden and Gungi locked blades, Jaden pushes through Gungi's defense and follows through with a powerful telekinetic push which knocks Gungi back several feet. Before Gungi could recover, Jaden lunged at Gungi and attacked him with a series of focused attacks. Gungi soon found himself cornered as he attempts to push back. Jaden then lands a slash on Gungi's legs. Gungi yelps in pain as he is brought to the ground. Gungi attempts to get up, but was unable to.

Midnight: GUNGI OF CLASS 001 HAS BEEN RENDERED IMMOBILE AND UNABLE TO CONTINUE!

Present Mic(Intercom): AND THERE WE HAVE IT! THE WINNER IS JADEN KORR OF CLASS 002!

As the fight was called, Gungi was taken to the infirmary. Once his injuries were promptly healed, Gungi makes his way to the stands, he looks upon his classmates with shame in his eyes.

Gungi: <I'm sorry, everyone. I let you down.>

Petro: Don't worry about it, big guy. You did good for getting that far.

With that, Gungi's spirit was lifted despite his defeat. Soon, Petro and Katooni were called to the arena. As soon as they entered the arena, Present Mic announces the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE ONE HECK OF A FIGHT FOR YOU TODAY! BOTH REPRESENT CLASS 001! FIRST, WE HAVE PETRO! HIS OPPONENT IS KATOONI!

As the crowd cheered, Katooni and Petro said nothing as they saluted one another.

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

As soon as Present Mic announced the fight, Petro lunged at Katooni and began attacking her with a series of lightning fast attacks, but Katooni was able to block them. As they dueled, most of the arena quickly lost track of them. Katooni and Petro moved so fast that they seemed like two blue blurs constantly clashing at each other. To the rest of Jedi Initiates as well as the Jedi Masters, they were able to clearly see the fight.

Ganodi: Wow. Petro and Katooni are really going at it.

Zatt: They weren't kidding when they promised to give it their all.

Meanwhile, Katooni uses the Force to push Petro back. Petro quickly recovered and lunged at Katooni. Before Petro could attack, Katooni changed her stance from the defensive form of Soresu to the dueling form of Makashi. Petro was initially taken aback by this. As Petro fell back, Katooni assumed an opening stance which seemed to blend both Soresu and Makashi.

Byph: Whoa!

Ganodi: Is she....

Zatt: Yep. She's totally blending Forms Two and Three.

As the duel progressed, Katooni and Petro counted one strike after another. Petro used the Force to augment his speed as well as implement various acrobatic moves to try and wear down Katooni, but Katooni was able to gracefully counter Petro's attacks. They soon engaged in a swift flurry of swordplay which stuns the entire arena. The swordplay ended with the two locking blades with one another.

Katooni: Had enough?

Petro: Oh I'm just getting started!

Both ended the blade lock and attempted for Force Push each other. As they did, both were unable to push the other. Soon enough, the ground beneath them began to crack. Eventually the air-pocket compressed by the combined Force pushes ruptured and exploded, flinging both duelists against opposite directions, nearly sending them both out of bounds. Both Katooni and Petro recovered. Petro threw his Lightsaber at Katooni, but she was able to jump over it. Petro then saw an opportunity to Force Push her away while she was still airborne. Petro then uses the Force to grab his Lightsaber and attacked Katooni with an aerial attack, but Katooni dodges it. The two then engage in blade to blade combat once more. Eventually, Petro was able to use his skills in Ataru to work around Katooni's hybrid use of Soresu and Makashi and knocked the Lightsaber out of Katooni's hand. Katooni was able to react just in time to block Petro's strike. She follows through by pressing the attack by launching a series of concentrated attacks meant to wear down Petro's defenses. The ploy works as Petro becomes more and more fatigued. Eventually, Katooni lands the final blow and does a leg sweep and takes Petro down. At that moment, the fight was over.

Midnight: THE FIGHT IS OVER! KATOONI IS THE VICTOR!

Present Mic(Intercom): WHAT A FIGHT! WHAT A FIGHT! THE WINNER IS KATOONI OF CLASS 001!

As the match was called, Katooni helped Petro up who chuckled.

Petro: Wasn't expecting that. Damn....

Katooni: You fought well, Petro. Maybe next time.

Petro smirked as he and Katooni made their way back to the stands. In that moment, Katooni had moved on to the semi-finals of the Sports Festival.