Chapter Twelve - The Finals

After a brief intermission, the final match for the Jedi tournament was decided. Katooni would face Xanatos from Class 004. As she prepared for the final match, Katooni took a deep breath and turned to her classmates. 

Katooni: Wish me luck. 

Petro: We'll be rooting for you out there! Kick that guy's butt for us!

With a smile on her face, Katooni made her way to the arena. As the crowd cheered for Katooni and Xanatos, Present Mic addressed the match.

Present Mic(Intercom): ALL RIGHT, LADIES AND GENTLMEN! HERE'S THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS! FROM CLASS 001, WE HAVE KATOONI! REPRESENTING CLASS 004, GIVE IT UP FOR XANATOS!

As the crowd cheered for Katooni and Xanatos, Katooni spoke to Xanatos. 

Katooni: May the Force be with you, Xanatos.

Xanatos said nothing as he ignited his blue Lightsaber. 

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

As soon as the match began, Xanatos lunged at Katooni and attacked her with a series of power strikes, but she blocks the attacks with relative ease. After the initial exchange of attacks, Katooni uses the Force to blast him back, but Xanatos gets right back on his feet. 

Xanatos: Don't think you'll win so easily. 

Katooni: You'll find out I'm full of surprises! 

Xanatos once more lunged at Katooni and unleashed a barrage of lightning fast attacks on her, but Katooni was able to parry the attacks. She followed up with a swift kick to the gut, but Xanatos was able to quickly recover. He then charges at her and attacks, initiating a blade lock. 

Xanatos: Predictable!

As Xanatos pressed the attack, Katooni attempted to take advantage of an opening in Xanatos's offense, seizing the his left hand and pulling him into an arm-lock before Xanatos broke free. Xanatos then gripped Katooni with the Force and attempted to throw her off the arena, but Katooni breaks free from Xanatos's grip. As the duel intensified, Petro and the others watched with concern as Xanatos attacked Katooni aggressively. 

Zatt: Man....Xanatos isn't holding back. 

Ganodi: I don't like this! It's like he's trying to kill her!

Byph: S...someone should stop this!

As the others expressed concern at Katooni's safety, Petro watched silently. He watched as Katooni put on the fight of her life. A part of him wanted to jump down there and intervene, but Petro resisted the urge to do so. 

Petro: Katooni....

Back at the fight, Katooni was forced into a defensive as Xanatos battered her with strong strikes. 

Xanatos: Is that the best you got? I'm disappointed. 

Katooni: I'm not finished yet!

Xanatos: If this is the best your class has to offer, then you better drop that Lightsaber and walk away.

Katooni: I've earned my place here!

Xanatos: We'll see about that.

Xanatos then pressed the attack once more, putting Katooni on the defensive. At this point, all Katooni could do was block Xanatos's attacks. 

Katooni: A Jedi's goal is to defend life, not take it! 

Xanatos: Mercy doesn't defeat an enemy. Which is why you're going to lose.

Once more, Xanatos pressed the attack, pushing Katooni to the edge of the arena. Wanting to put some distance between them, Katooni used the Force to push him away. She then uses the Force to throw pieces of the ground at Xanatos, but he blocks them with his Lightsaber.

Xanatos: There is no way out. 

Xanatos then continued to strike at her with vicious slashing attacks and power lunges, driving her back to the edge of the temple peak. He struck harder and harder until Katooni was forced to roll out of the way. Before she could regain her footing, Xanatos knocks her Lightsaber out of her hand. 

Xanatos: Admit you are beaten. You are disarmed. You have lost.

Katooni: Your need for victory blinds you, Xanatos. 

Xanatos lashes out at Katooni, but Katooni was able to parry Xanatos's strike and push him away. She then uses the Force to snatch Xanatos's Lightsaber out of his hand. Caught off guard at this, Katooni stands tall over Xanatos. 

Katooni: You may doubt me, but I have people counting on me. And as long as I stand, I won't let them down!

Enraged by Katooni's words, he lunges at her and attempt to attack her. Xanatos continued to advance on her, but Katooni flipped behind him and pushed him out of bounds. 

Midnight: XANATOS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Present Mic(Intercom): WHAT A MATCH! WHAT A MATCH! THE WINNER OF THIS MATCH IS KATOONI FROM CLASS 001! KATOONI

As the match was announced, the crowd erupted in thunderous applause for Katooni. She looked to the stands where her classmates were and they were cheering for her. Katooni smiled at the support from her class. 

Present Mic(Intercom): BUT THE EXCITEMENT ISN'T OVER JUST YET, FOLKS! WE'RE GONNA TAKE A LITTLE INTERMISSION TO PREPARE FOR THE FINAL MATCH FOR THE SPORTS FESTIVAL! IT'LL BE THE JEDI ACADEMY VS UA HIGH! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS MATCH! IT'S GONNA BE A BIG ONE!

As the announcement was made, Katooni was filled with pride. After a moment, she walked up to Xanatos to help him up. As she extended her hand to him, Xanatos refused it. Xanatos then gets up and walks away. Though it appeared that Xanatos had no interest in showing any respect towards Katooni, she would not let that damper her spirit. With her victory against Xanatos, Katooni had won the tournament for the Jedi Academy. But the Sports Festival was not yet over as there was one final match for Katooni to take part in.