niall and olive horan.

Vivian stared at herself in the mirror, her shirt lifted up as she took in account of the bruises. They made her stomach churn.

Benjamin had lost a contract at his job today, which meant that he was pissed off. And when he's pissed off, he decides to let out his anger at his girlfriend's daughter.

Vivian hissed straight through her teeth as she gently touched it, feeling tears enter her eyes.

Vivian would have to buy a lot of foundation to cover up those bruises.

She hadn't exactly processed the fact she was getting abused. Truthfully, it doesn't hit your mind until a while after. I mean, how can it?

Her own mom is letting her child get abused by her boyfriend she'd known for barely 2 months.

She hesitantly grabbed her phone and took multiple photos of the bruises on her stomach. Ones fresh, ones purple and black. She hid those photos in her hidden album and went to bed carefully.

The next morning was hell. Vivian was feeling her nose get stuffed up while she got ready for school, and felt tears enter her eyes as she trudged downstairs.

She didn't even bother saying good morning to her mom. She just grabbed her bag and left.

While Vivian was waiting to order at a cafe for a coffee and a snack, she heard her name get called and she looked over to see Olive and her dad, Niall.

"Viv," Olive smiled. "What are you doing here alone? I thought you said your mom was driving you to school?"

Vivian felt the nerves bubble up in her chest as she pursed her lips nervously. She gave Olive a nervous laugh. "You see, she was going to but she had to go to work early. I'm walking today."

"Nonsense!"

Vivian's eyes trailed to Niall Horan, Olive's dad, who had a giant smile on his face. He put a hand on Vivian's bruised shoulder, she hid her wince, and hummed.

"Your dad would kill me if I let you walk in the cold weather." Niall said. "Come, I'll pay for your food and drink, how about that?"

Vivian felt tears enter her eyes.

"Really?" She choked up slightly. "You don't have to, Dr. Horan—"

"Call me Niall, honey," Niall frowned. "I've known you since you were born—no need to be formal."

Olive wrapped an arm around Vivian slightly, scanned her face, and said. "You alright, Viv?"

Vivian plastered a fake smile to her lips and said.

"More than okay."