chapter iv

His fists were clenched and knuckles squeezed white, trembling with rage. He'd come into this garden to find his friend, his dubiously beloved, and what does he find? Those long pale legs tangled with someone else's behind a sculpture. His vision pinholed, focusing on the way that second pair of legs - positioned above (Y/n)'s - coyly squirmed between soft thighs. Naked, Emil noted. And (Y/n) was no longer smooth as a doll. A vein pulsed dangerously at his temple and his jaw started to shoot jabs of pain through his skull with how hard he was clenching it. He immediately marched over, employing all manner of kingly intimidation so that the person he confronted would feel like he was at the execution block (as he should).

However, all that determination drained away at the familiar shock of red hair.

"Alexander?"

~

Alexander immediately spun his head around, gazing up at his older brother with wide, sky blue eyes. The look of betrayal on his brother's face wasn't one he'd been expecting to see. Instantly, Alexander sat up, temporarily forgetting about the beautiful lunatic below him.

"Brothe - "

"Emil!" The man that had been lying down instantly shot into a sitting position, poised as if about to jump up, but stopped himself and plopped back down in the grass. Those ice blue eyes turned to look at the other man, eyes softening but still upset. They turned back to Alexander, sans the softness.

"What were you doing to him," the king demanded, no love on his face for his brother. Alexander's heart hurt at that, but he was too scared and confused to focus on it right now.

"N - Nothing, Emil, I thought you were a party guest ... " Alexander trailed off as soon as he realized it still didn't look good. "W - What I mean is - ! ... He's full nude, Emil. What would you have me do? Leave him to wander?" The older sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Next time you wish to fraternize with a male - fully nude - might I suggest you take him to your room first?" Alexander scrambled to his feet and nodded, heat staining his pale face in shame. He could've ruined his brother's coronation party despite his efforts not to. He turned to reach for the pale man's hand, but Emil stopped him. Instead, he brushed past Alexander and held a hand out to the lunatic, a tender smile on his face.

"Hello again, (Y/n). It's lovely to see you." The way (Y/n) pursed his trembling lips was enough to tell Emil that the poor boy in front of him was about to cry. A wave of relief spread over the new king, his shoulders dropping a little. At least (Y/n) wasn't mad at him anymore. The poor boy let out a choked sob paired with a wavy smile as he threw himself into Emil's arms, dragging his friend down to a kneel. Emil was overjoyed, his eyes stinging almost as bad as he pressed (Y/n)'s face into the crook of his neck and rested his cheek against the top of the pale man's head.

Alexander watched with wide eyes as his brother held the crying, naked lunatic in his arms. Was ... Was he missing something? Emil had been even more sheltered than he was, how could he have ever made a friend? The prince tilted to the side, watching the beautiful man in his brother's arms sob his eyes out with tears like polished pearls.

"Uhm .. You know him, brother?" Emil, seemingly just now remembering Alexander was there, peered back and hummed.

"Yes, we've ah, we've been acquainted for quite some time." Alexander nodded, idly playing with his own fingers.

"I see, I see ... Ah, would you mind introducing me then?" Emil glanced up at his little brother before helping (Y/n) to his feet with gentle hands, indignantly ignoring the presence between (Y/n)'s legs (the tips of his ears were bright red). Surely introducing his little brother to someone who was such a big part of his life was a given, the only issue is explaining how they actually met. Emil cleared his throat and gestured to his favorite fairy in the entire world.