Ring Masters

Sounds of grunting and battle cries were heard in a massive arena on Homeworld as two large quartzes wrestled each other in a big white circle in the dirt, the dohyo. Both of which are in singlets and mawashi as they try to push the other out of the ring. Pink Diamond was in a skybox seat with Nora and Amethyst watching the event below them.

Amethyst: Yeah! Go get em! Sent them flying!

Pink Diamond: I bet you've never seen anything like this on Earth. Right Nora? Nora?

Nora: TAKE EM DOWN! ROCK HER! SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS!!!! Sorry, what was that?

Pink Diamond: Nevermind.

Nora: Sorry, it's just It's always exciting to check out more of your awesome and sometimes scary Gem cultures! Rose told me about the fighting style, Quartz Sumo Style, but I didn't know you guys have actual sumo wrestling competitions on Homeworld!

Pink Diamond: It's one of the sports we've learned about and adapted to since our kind visited Earth thousands of years ago. It intrigued us to the point of incorporating the sport into our combat as well as our culture.

Nora: Where's Rose though? I though you said she would be fighting tonight.

Pink Diamond: She must still be preparing. In the meantime, we could still enjoy the show.

Nora: Wait,, who's that down there? The big one with the stripes.

Amethyst: You mean Jasper? She's only one of the toughest gems we know!

Entering the ring next was a particularly big, muscular quartz,  her name was Jasper. She was in an orange singlet suit with a red mawashi and was facing an Ocean Jasper.

 She was in an orange singlet suit with a red mawashi and was facing an Ocean Jasper

Nora: *starry eyed* Whoa, she sure is huge and tough looking!

Jasper made short work of Ocean Jasper as she lifted the other quartz's sturdy body over her head and tossed her opponent into a far wall out of the ring.

Amethyst: And pretty strong!

Nora: Not to mention a little scary.

Pink Diamond: You know, she's one of Homeworld's best fighters, only one other gem could match her in terms of brute strength and that-

Nora: Rose Quartz!?

Pink Diamond: How'd you know?

Nora: No look, she's here!

Rose finally entered the ring in her light pink singlet and dark pink mawashi.

Nora: *squeals in excitement* This'll be so cool!

Rose Quartz raised her legs high and stomped the ground twice and Jasper did the same then both crouched down into position, looking at each other with determination. As soon as the referee pearl gave the signal with her fan, the two gems charged into each other and clashed. The air was filled with their grunts and strained cries as they try to overpower the other in a contest of brute strength. Nora watched in anticipation as the two grappled and sent palm strikes back and forth, one minute Rose had her close to the edge, then Jasper did. It almost looked like a stalemate, until Rose dug in her feet and grabbed a hold of Jasper's mawashi, then with all her might, she lifted her up off the ground and with a mighty toss, threw her out of the ring to the ground. The crowd cheered at Rose's amazing feat of strength.