Chapter four

A happy birthday to my best friend!! She won't ever see this, but I appreciate you so much and hope you have an amazing day!! This chapter is dedicated to you ^^

* * *

The earliest memory he recalled was awakening to the soft sensation of fabric brushing against his cheek, followed by a gentle–almost tender–caress on his face. It was similar to that of his mother's warm embrace; holding his younger person in her welcoming arms, humming a lullaby and further increasing his undeniable urge to fall into an even deeper slumber, though his mind soon caught up to reality, albeit slower than preferred, and he snapped his eyes open, registering only one thing: he was in someone's lap, entirely at their mercy.

And that 'someone's lap was apparently his most loathed rival–Shen Qingqiu's.

The man had fantastically earned Liu Qingge's ire for a variety of reasons, actually. His scummy manner and utterly detestable attitude (which was really not fit for a cultivator), and thirdly, though most importantly, his... his abnormal desire for–for females!!

Now, as you may already know, Liu Qingge was a man of honour; someone who had enough decorum to know that visiting brothels, favouring a female disciple, and attempting to make too-friendly relations to women would label one as a scum. He also knew that Shen Qingqiu was scum, hence his hatred for the man.

Anyways, everything aside, Liu Qingge wondered why he was still letting said 'scum' stroke his face now that he was conscious. Also... why the fuck was Shen Qingqiu even stroking his face in the first place?

With a couple moves of his own, he quickly removed himself from such an indecent position, startling the scum, who jolted in surprise. If anyone were to be startled, it should have been he!! Think of how he felt, waking up at Shen Qingqiu's mercy!!! The man was probably trying to humiliate him–yes, that was most definitely it. Humiliation...

'Damn you, Shen Qingqiu!!'

Though successfully humiliated, Liu Qingge still stood his ground, holding his head high even if his open robes were something he should have considered before standing. He was the Bai Zhan war god; above Shen Qingqiu, stronger than Shen Qingqiu; and that is all that mattered to him.

So, he did the only thing he could at that moment, and exclaimed with wide eyes and snarling teeth, " Shen Qingqiu! You–You scum!!"

Only then had he noticed the smile the man wore. There was one thing to know when reading Shen Qingqiu's expressions: He glared, rolled his eyes, glared, screamed with his eyes, and also glared like a cat whose tail had been stepped on. But he never– I repeat– never smiled, laughed, nor snickered. And when he did, it was always in a threatening or mocking way, one or the other, with the intention to humiliate someone. (Liu Qingge had firsthand experience).

Apparently this smile was neither, but either way, Shen Qingqiu's small book of expressions was definitely not— this!! Whatever this was!!

Has the man gone mad? No—Shen Qingqiu was already messed up in the head, so there was no way he could have. Then perhaps Liu Qingge was the one who had gone mad. Perhaps he'd been cursed by a dream-inducing demon, and was now having a demonic-induced dream–my apologies, I mean nightmare . (Yes, this was something that future Qingge would probably suffer many sleepless nights about.)

But as he was busy thinking, Shen Qingqiu, the scum, pushed his head(!!) back down onto his lap!?!! What the fuck!!??

"Shidi!" He placatingly said. "You are injured; it is not advised to make swift movements. Rest."