𝟣𝟢𝟤. 𝓌𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒶𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒻𝓊𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝒫𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓍. We got to go swimming in the pool and we got to eat really good food at this place called Phoenix City Grille. I got Carne Asada tacos and they were really good. But now we're back in Pittsburgh, which means another week at the Abby Lee Dance Company.

"So, what did you think about the competition?" Paige asks.

"It was fun!" Nia squeals.

"Miss Abby is going to be so mad at us for not winning," Brooke mutters.

"I think you guys did great," I add.

"Thanks. But I think we could have done better," Maddie frowns.

"Anyways, what did you guys think of the cactuses?" Chloé asks.

We all make sounds of excitement. Before we went to the pool, we did a photo shoot with the cactuses. They were taller than a monster truck, it was insane! I wish they had those cactuses here in Pittsburgh.

"I want tacos," Mackenzie sighs.

"What are your favorite foods? Chloé first, going clockwise," Paige asks.

"You know mine! Steak and broccoli," Chloé giggles.

"Chinese food. Kenz, can you ask Mom to see if we can get some?" Maddie asks, erasing something on her homework.

"Fine, but I like chips," Mackenzie pouts, running upstairs.

"I like Flamin' Hot Cheetos," I answer, and everybody hums in agreement.

"Those are good, but my favorite steak, like Chloé," Nia adds.

"I like seafood. Or spicy food," Brooke says.

"Maddie! She said we can get Chinese food!" Mackenzie yells, running down the stairs.

"Girls! Get in here!" Miss Abby yells.

I smooth out my yellow leotard and I run inside, sitting next to Paige. The big chalkboard is back, cleaner than last time. I smile. I like things neat and clean.

"Alright. Phoenix was rough. You guys got your butts kicked. Here in Pittsburgh, you have won everything, but it's clearly a different story when you get on a plane and fly across a country," Miss Abby lectures, and we all frown.

Miss Abby continues, "For years, I took the kids by myself. I made sure their hair was right, I made sure the makeup was right, I put the headpiece on. All the mothers want to go now because they are reliving their childhood through all of you, and that's when trouble happens. I am the leader, I am the teacher. You do what I say. When your mother's telling you something else to do, that becomes a conflict. Do you understand that?"

We nod. I feel really bad. The girls worked so hard only to get yelled at.

"Now, Nia, how do you think you did?" Miss Abby asks.

"Well... I think we could have improved," Nia timidly answers, seeming shy to give a response.

"What do you need to improve?" Miss Abby presses, wanting Nia to critique herself.

"Pointing my feet," Nia admits, embarrassed.

"Yeah. Very sloppy. The feet, the legs, the shoulders, your arms. The same mistakes, over and over and over, and that pulls the group down," Miss Abby critiques.

"Chloé," Miss Abby exclaims, moving on, "The headband was bad. Next time, what are you gonna do?"

"Make sure my headpiece stays on," Chloé answers, also nervous to give an answer.