𝟤𝟢𝟦. 𝓃𝑜 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝓊𝓁𝓁𝓎

"𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁𝓈, 𝓁𝑒𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜! Come on!" Miss Abby shouts and for the first time in what seems like forever, I feel super excited for pyramid. I don't feel as nervous or scared about where I'm going to end up. With the last two weeks, I think I'll do pretty alright.

"I swear, if you aren't on the pyramid this week, it's rigged," Mackenzie says, tugging on her pigtail.

"I'm betting on Chloé," I reveal. "She beat Maddie, which is almost unheard of."

"So did you!" Mackenzie argues as we begin walking to the studio.

"You could be on top for winning with your first solo. It's clear she had a lot of doubt in you and you pulled it off. Especially with the roundoff back handspring."

Mackenzie shrugs. "It wasn't that big of a deal. You can do a roundoff double back handspring with no problem."

"It was still impressive."

"Come on, we have a lot of work to do today," Miss Abby states as we open the door.

As I enter the studio, I notice there are eight headshots again instead of seven. Who could the extra person be? Could it be Brooke? I skip with Mackenzie in our matching purple outfits. Even though the end of the line is where we rest, Mackenzie opts for a different position in the line. I remain on the end, but I'm next to Nia.   

"Congratulations on another victorious weekend," Miss Abby smiles, and we all clap for ourselves.

I feel very accomplished from last weekend. Last season, there was no way I could have pulled that off. I can sense real improvement.

"You won, however, I see things that I need to fix. Paige, you were okay in the group, but you know you messed up that whole leap downstage. Kendall, on the grand jeté, you did it crossing to the right, so we couldn't see if your hips were in line or not. Nia, you did a great job in the group dance. You did not pull my eyes negatively. But I want you to start pulling my eyes positively," Miss Abby begins and I can see Nia's face let out the hugest smile I've ever seen from her.

"This week, we are attending Hollywood Vibe. Those judges and the directors and everyone that runs Hollywood Vibe, they are from LA, or they are from New York City. They are looking for the next big thing. The next star, the next little kid to be in their video or their commercial. So you need to bring the A-game," Miss Abby tells us, and my face lights up when she mentions New York City.

I love New York City so much. I cannot wait until I walk through those doors into the American Ballet Theatre in a decade or so. Maybe I'll be able to get some opportunities to get there sooner this weekend. 

"Onto the pyramid. I'm not even gonna discuss this," Miss Abby declares, referring to the first headshot. "I'm moving on to Paige. You cannot just apply corrections fast enough or at all. You're gonna have to work back up that ladder."

Kelly looks offended, but more at ignoring the bottom headshot. Maybe it was Brooke on that headshot. Paige, on the other hand, seems a lot more understanding, but her face remains blank.

"Next, I have Nia. You've been working very hard, but you still have to fix those technical issues. I did see a great improvement from last week, however," Miss Abby reveals, and Nia and Holly both smile. 

"Kendall. Kendall, you are still on probation. Mom, it's a long process," Miss Abby states.

Jill leans back and groans, "Oh, my God."

Calm down. You're lucky Kendall still's here. Onto the middle row.

"Mackenzie. You were the overall high score winner of the primary age division. You proved yourself in the group with Apples, and you proved your solo."