Darkness

<Ace's pov>
I look around, but i can not see anything i try to reach out but i can not move. I try to speak but nothing comes out. I feel a weight on my chest and it hurts my ribs. I try to take a deep breath to release my discomfort, but i can not intake the oxygen.
I try to move again this time trying to shake my body. I try and fight the hold that the darkness has on me. I can't fight it. I feel as if clamps are around my wrist and there burning into my skin. I feel as if someone tied my legs together and shackled them to the ground. Yet, i could not see anything. I feel as if i am float yet my arms and feet feel tied down.
I close my eyes and try to calm my heart. I feel something crawling up my leg and towards my stomach. It send shivers down my spine. I try calm my beating heart that feels like it will leap out my chest.
I try my hardest not to cry i have to stay strong. My lungs feel as if they are on fire from the lack of oxygen. I feel myself slowly fading out. If there was lights i can imagine black spots appearing in front of my face and everything being a blur, but right now i could not see anything. All i felt was the presence of something. I still felt something moving and the pressure on my chest but once i closed my eyes and opened them again i was back in the room with Four.
"Ace,"i barely hear Four say.
He has hand on my cheek and looking into my eyes.
"Ace can you hear me," he says.
I Can hear his voice a lot better than before. I nod my head and Four looks relieved.

Where is Eric?

Four sits in a chair that he bring closer to me. He clasps his hand in front of his face as he looks at me.
"Ace," he says seriously.
I look at him confused.
"Your fear of your past is gone, which is good. But a new one has replaced it. One that makes no sense since i know you are not afraid of the dark. It almost was like you had sleep paralysis. I think it may be a distant memory hidden inside your head that you can not remember. But for now your new fear is sleep paralysis, okay," he says.
I look at Four confused. If sleep paralysis was my fear okay i will take it. But it also looked like he was hiding something from me. Like he did not want to tell me something.
Four look over my shoulder and i follow his gaze to see Eric has just walked back into the room. Four and Eric exchange a quick words as i slowly get up. My body feels stiff. I do not know if it is from the simulation or Eric's punishment. All i know is i want to go back to the dorms and pass out.
As i walk out the dorm Eric follows me.
"Hey," he says as he grabs my arm.
"Why don't you crash at my place," he says, holding his keys out for me.
I smile and nod as i take his keys from him. His bed was definitely more comfortable than mine. I was not going to lie. I rather sleep in his place than the dorms.
~~~~~~
<Fours pov>

I can't believe it.

I let out a frustrated breath as i replay Ace's simulation. All i saw was darkness. I knew exactly what this fear was. But i did not have the heart to tell her.
It was the day i found her buried under some rubble near the tracks. One of the old train tracks collapsed and killed some kids on there way to school.
But the odd thing was Ace was not like all the other kids. When i found her. Her hands and legs were tied tightly as if someone placed her there on purpose.
Later on we found out that the track was on purposely made to collapse. Well there was a bomb found and we knew it had to be either Erudite or dauntless. Me and max could not find any evidence against Ace's dad who we suspected of doing it.
We kept it on the down low. When i found Ace she was unconscious. I cut the ropes of her arms and legs and took her to the emergency room. She was deprived of oxygen.
The doctor said she has a severe blow to the head and she would most likely not remember what happened before the incident. And true to what the good doctor said Ace did not remember anything. When she heard about the train track collapse, She became very confused on why we told her about the incident.
When we told her where we found her. She was even more confused. She had no idea why she would be there. We made sure to leave out the part of her being tied up. Ace stayed in the hospital for about three weeks. Due to all the rocks that had hit her head and body. She had three broken ribs. She had head trauma and broke one of her legs and one of her feet. She was stuck in a hospital bed not able to move. She also had to be hand feed for the first few days cause she became paralyzed due to the trauma. She may not remember that being part of her ordeal.
She probably does not even remember the incident with all the blows she got on her head from her father. It just angered me even more that i could not do anything. My heart hurts every time i think about it. This girl that I treated like a little sister had gone through the same suffering.
But hers, hers was worse than mine. My father did not try to kill me. He just beat me, saying it was for my own good. Yeah, right.
I was snapped out of my thought when i hear the door to the simulation room open. I see Eric and Max step in.
"Does she remember anything that happened," says Max.
I shake my head.
"I told her, her fear was sleep paralysis," i say.
Max nods. We know that if we tell Ace about the incident and tell her that we suspected her father did it she would blame her self for the death or the kids lost that day.
The truth was we did not suspect Mr. Mez of doing it, we knew he did. It was cause we found Ace tied up we knew it had to be him plus the things had stuff stolen from the dauntless compound in them. The bomb was hand made and all the supplies for it were stolen from the dauntless compound. He stole things that people would most likely not miss.
But truth is you should never mess with a women's hair products.
I guess you can say we were amused, up set, and a bit weirded out. But his bomb caused a lot of damage. He stole things like women hair appliances and electronics from the lost and found.
The bomb killed eight teenagers that were heading home for the day. It was around 5:00 p.m when it happened.
I still could get the image out of my head.
The shouts for help and the dead bodies we found under the rubble. Sadly, i knew a couple of them and so did Eric and Max. One was a dauntless leaders son who held a very promising future. Another one was my little sister, yes i lost my little sister in that bomb. When i saw her body i had to stay composed and erase any emotions from my face.
Every since that day i swore to protect Ace as much as I can. Cause the truth was she acted just like my little sister.
I hated Aces dad. I was enraged.
I never wanted to relive that memory of that incident but now the memory was coming back and i just hope she believes the whole sleep paralysis thing.
"Four," Max said snapping out of my thoughts.
"We need to make sure that she can not remember what happened okay," says Max.
I grimaced I knew that I had to lie to make sure Ace did not find out. And it was going to be hard.
"I will take care of the next test," says Eric out of the blue.
"Stage three is next and if she talks to me about her fear, i will convince her that it is sleep paralysis," he says.
Max and i nod our heads in agreement.
"Four i am sorry for your loss," says Max as he walks out the door.
I clench my jaw. I hate remembering what happened.
"Four," says Eric as he puts hand on his shoulder.
"What," i snap.
"I know we hate each other. But we have one thing we care about in common. Lets try and help each other out," he says as he starts walking away.
I give Eric a curious look before he walks back to the computer. He will tell her one day but for now the memory will not exist until she passes initiation.
~~~~~
<Erics pov>
We all knew some day it would happen. But we were hoping it was more distant future. This morning had to be the same thing. My mind is racing. I Feel sorry for Four even though we hate each other. Know one should have to go through the pain of losing a loved one.
I guess you can say i am in love with Ace, and i am scared what she thinks of me. I feel like a total female. I should just tell her how i feel. But at the moment i rather not. Plus we are technically dating so.. aw forget it. For now I have to make her forget about her fear and well that is what i am going to do.
I guess i am throwing a party after ranking tonight.