Part 8

Amora's Pov:

After practically getting shoved out of my own kitchen, I headed into my room, leaping onto the couch beside my bed.

Scrolling through an online story, I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. For some reason, Claire's presence felt different. I felt almost comforted .

I shook my head lightly, as the doorbell rang. "I got it!" I heard Claire yell from the other side of the house.

I nodded, not raising that she couldn't see me as I continued scrolling. "Who is it?!" I called out to Claire after a while.

"Your bestie!" Brooklyn bounced into the room, Claire following close behind, with something in her left hand. "Getting drunk so you won't have to have a bodyguard, eh?" Brooke chuckled, "Good one. Somehow the plan still failed."

I scoffed at her, jokingly, as she slouched onto the couch beside me.

"Uh what do I do with this?" Claire asked from the doorway, pointing at the cafe in her hand containing my turtle.

"Luci," I grinned, heading towards her. Luci seemed to be snuggling up with Claire, which was quite unusual as she usually hated other people. I raised an eyebrow, "She seems to like you." I said, slightly in shock, as I took Luci away from her.

"Someone's jealous," Brooklyn mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at her statement, as I set down Luci on my desk. "Home sweet home."

"I hope you don't mind that I brought her, she practically tried to bite my fingers off when I fed her," Brooklyn told me, "And I did not feel like getting my fingers taken off. So you can feed her until you come back in," she smiled.

"Wow, Brooke, I ask for one favour," I chuckled sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at me, as Claire watched. "Uhm, I'm heading out for a quick store run, really quickly, you need anything?" She asked out the blue.

"Uh, no don't think so," I smiled sheepishly, as she rolled her sleeves up, before fiddling with her rings.

"Uhm yes you do," Brooklyn objected, "You need some food for Luci."

I squinted, "What do you mean I need food for Luci? There was literally enough to last her a full month."

"Yeah, but uhm. When she bit me, I kinda dropped all of it on the floor." She whispered, her voice cracking, before she quickly added to it, "I'll pay for it though! My bad, sorry," She smiled, showing her teeth.

I rolled my eyes at her worries, "It's fine," I sighed, "I mean Luci hates almost everyone so I wouldn't blame you. Plus it's kinda my fault you had to feed her."

"Shouldn't have gotten hung over," Claire mumbled, as I shook my head, giving her some money for turtle food.

-
After a while, Claire had finally come back from the shop. She handed me the food, popping down near me, "Need anything else Ms Hendrix?" She asked.

"Nope," I smiled awkwardly. Brooklyn had left the room for a second so it was just me her and Luci in the room at this point. "Uh, Thanks again. For uh helping get a rando off of me." I thanked her.

"Yeah, wait a rando?"

"Yeah, I'm assuming that the person that you punched works at the bar or something," I told her, reliving old memories, "Am I warm?" I queried, staring into her eyes intently, waiting for an answer.

"I-" she started, before breaking eye contact with me, shaking her head, "Nah, I just assumed you knew the guy. I mean you were hanging out with him and some other people the whole time so I just-"

"Sorry what? Who-" I started, before having no idea what to say.

My mind searched for any guys that came to mind, while she replied "I don't know about six foot, dark hair, blue eyes," She described and that was when it finally clicked. Tyler..

"Goddamn it." I cursed silently under my breath.

"He, um, he spiked your drink."

"He what!?" I interrogated in disbelief. "I, um. Thank you. Thanks, for, uh, helping," I forced out.

She nodded appreciatively.

"Guys! Guess what, everyone's coming over! So more drinks!" Brooklyn yelled, as she stormed in, somehow not feeling the tension in the room.

I raised an eyebrow at my best friend, "You really want me to have another hangover, eh?" I queried, before speaking, "But I'm in."

"Great! Claire?" She turned to the brunette beside me.

"I don't know..."

"Come on," Brooke cheered, "We should celebrate your first day!" She chirped, grinning.

"Fine." She finally gave in, "Who's gonna be drinking with us."

"Just a few friends," Brooklyn answered.

"Not Tyler though," I affirmed with her.

"God no, I absolutely hate that dickhead." She scoffed, "No offense of course."

"None taken."

"Good, now, time to party!" She cheered, on cue as the doorbell rang. "I got it," She grinned before gesturing for us to follow.

We did as told and she opened the front door, a few of our friends piling in.

"Drinks! Drinks! Drinks!" They all cheered, their fists up in the air.

"Hey Ami," Taylor greeted, winking.

"Yo what's up?" Toby greeted, as he followed the others.

"Whats up, lil one," James ruffled my air as he walked by, before stopping to check out the lady next to me, making me feel like gagging, "Who's the chick?"

I scrunched up my face, as I saw Claire clenched her fist.

"James," Brooklyn warned him.

"You're right, my apologies," he said, before speaking again, "I'm James, and you are m'lady?"

Seeing her first clench even tighter, I didn't want anyone else to end up with a broken arm, though that would have been entertaining, I stepped in front of her. "Her name's Claire. And she's my bodyguard," I told him, a little bit possessively.

"Chill, Ami, I'm just tryna talk."

Brooklyn hummed, "Well I suggest that you stop before you get kicked out, or before this "chick" beats your ass."

"But-"

"No," she stopped him, "For real, have you been drinking already?"

"No," he defended, clearly slurring, making Brooklyn snicker a little.

"Sure, bud, sure. Let's get ya some water," she grinned, stepping away with him.

This was going to be a long night...
——————-
Hope you guys enjoyed this one