Platform 9 3/4

Y/N's last month in the Leaky Cauldron wasn't fun. True, he could now perform basic spells with his wand but the dreams were starting to become more often. Y/N stopped getting sleep because every time he did, he was back into the dream. It made him restless and always on guard.

Y/N kept to his room, with his new jackalope for company. His school books were very interesting. He lay on his bed reading late into the night when he woke up from his dreams. P/N ran around the room as she pleased. It was lucky that the cleaner didn't come in to vacuum anymore because P/N kept bringing back dead mice. Every time after nightfall, Y/N ticked off another day on the piece of paper he had pinned to the wall, counting down to September the first.

On the last day of August, he thought he'd better speak to Dumbledore about getting to King's Cross station the next day, so he to the fireplace in his room and yelled Dumbledore's name. The head of Dumbledore appeared in the fire.

"Er- Headmaster?"

Dumbledore nodded his head to show he was listening.

"Er- I need to be at King's Cross tomorrow to go to Hogwarts."

Dumbledore nodded his head again.

"Would it be all right if you gave me a lift?"

Nod. Y/N knew that meant yes.

"Thank you."

He was about to end the conversation when Dumbledore spoke.

"Would you prefer to use something else, the Floo Network? After all, I don't think I have time to send you."

Y/N didn't say anything.

"Y/N? Are you there?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine with using Floo Network to get there. Or at least to take the train from Platform 9 3/4."

"Excellent, I shall open the Floo Network from 10 am onwards. It will close on the dot." And with that, Dumbledore was gone from the fireplace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N woke at 5 am and was too excited and nervous to go back to sleep. He got up and pulled on his wizard's robes. He checked his Hogwarts list yet again to make sure he had everything he needed, saw that P/N was shut safely in her cage and went down to get his last breakfast in the Leaky Cauldron. At 10 am, Y/N grabbed his heavy trunk and P/N's cage before using the fireplace to appear inside Platform 9 3/4.

Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every colour wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

Not many people were here so there were a bunch of empty seats. Y/N dragged his luggage until he found a compartment near the end of the train. He put P/N inside first and tried to shove and heave his trunk in the overhead compartment. He could hardly raise one end of the trunk and twice he dropped it painfully on his foot.

With a huge amount of struggling, Y/N's trunk was at last tucked away in a corner of the compartment.

Y/N sat down next to the window and watched a bunch of families run through the wall into Platform 9 3/4. He remembered his parents and felt sad that they weren't here with him right now.

Y/N decided to read a book on Merlin he bought. After nearly dropping the trunk on his foot for the third time, he got his book out and shoved the trunk back to its corner in the overhead compartment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N wasn't sure how much time passed but when he shut his book, the train was moving and two people sat in the opposite seat. One of them was a round-faced boy and the other was a bushy brown haired girl. Both were talking to each other before the girl noticed Y/N.