Chapter 1 - Cupid's Battlefield

Demons are the worst. You look down at your arms and see a shocking amount of red lines all over them. You look back at the grinning demon who was responsible for your cuts. "Already tired? I barely did anything." The demon cackles. "You got me on one of my bad days, don't humble yourself." You groan. "Don't worry, your death will be quick. Consider yourself lucky." The demon charges at you in the air. You quickly throw yourself away to dodge but you misplace your foot as you land and fall on your side. "Why don't you stay still so you don't have to suffer more?" The demon sighs. "Oh well. Not my problem." The demon strikes at you again. You quickly get to your feet and slash one of the demon's arms off with your sword. "Why you little brat." The demon quickly grows their arm back. "You'll pay for that." The demon hides in the thick fog. You look at your surroundings, knowing that the demon could attack you from any direction. The demon suddenly kicks you from the side, sending you into a tree. You fall onto the ground, feeling a sharp pain in your ribs and legs. The demon laughs. "You didn't think you had a chance against me did you? How embarrassing. This has been entertaining and all but it's time to put an end to it." The demon leaps forward in the air to kill you. You can't do anything. You shut your eyes tight...

You hear a piercing slice and liquid spitting onto the floor. Shocked, you open your eyes. The demon's body laid in front of you, with it's head decapitated to your left. And beside the demon's head, a man. He looks over his shoulder to you. How did he kill the demon so easily? You've been fighting for ages. "Why did you save me? You don't even know me." You get up. "Some appreciation would've done it." With that, the strange man turns back his head and walks off. "Thank you." You speak. He continues to walk without saying anything. "Wait... I'm sorry that I was rude before. I appreciate you saving my life." You say. He halts for a few seconds. "It's no problem. Though, why are you meddling with these demons? You certainly aren't dressed as a demon slayer. What's your business with them?" He says without looking behind at you. "You're right. I'm not a demon slayer and I do not intend of being one at the moment. My business is that they've been up in my face for several months and I can't go anywhere without seeing one. So I'm sorry that I'm trying not to die and try to at least fight them." You mutter. The man faces you. "You don't have anywhere to stay?" He questions. "No. My fucking house got burned down and nobody is willing to let me stay at their houses." You say. He looks you up and down. "Come with me. We will provide you with hospitality for as long as you need." He walks off. "We?" You ask. He continues to walk and doesn't reply. "And how would I know that you're not trying to kill me?" You question. He continues to walk. "Why would I want to kill you? Plus, if I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead by now". He responds. That IS true. He looks like the type of guy to slice someone's head off because he felt like it. You draw your sword away and follow the man, jogging to catch up with him. "What's your name?" You ask. "Why does it matter?" He avoids the question. "Because I'd have to formally thank the guy who saved my life, right?" You respond. He thinks for a few seconds. "Tomioka Giyuu." He answers. "Well, thank you Tomioka Giyuu. For saving my life." You look at him. He continues to look forwards. "It's not a problem." He replies.