Chapter 9 - Happily ever after

Wow. She likes me too... "I was actually going to tell you the same thing..." I take her by the hand. "I feel the exact same way about you but I didn't know if I should've told you or not. You are my best friend and that means everything to me. But I always wished to become more than just friends. I have always loved you." I slowly pull her close to my face. "Of course I will go out with you." We both close our eyes and I press my lips against hers and we both sink into a kiss. Her lips were soft and gentle. Y/n was perfect in every way and I was glad to be the one who she loves. It truly felt surreal. We both pull away from our loving kiss. My mind was going crazy. "Y/n, you make the happiest person alive. I'm so lucky to have you in my life." I whisper to her. She wraps her arms around my neck as I gently pat her back. "Let's go back to the headquarters before it gets dark." She says. We both make it back to the headquarters. "I heard that the other Hashiras are going to have a game night. Do you want to join in?" I turns to her. "That sounds fun, let's do it." She replies. We make it to the lounge room and Y/n sits down next to Mitsuri. "Y/n-san!! Are you here to join in with our game?" Mitsuri questions. "Yeah, we are." Y/n responds. Mitsuri and Y/n whisper to each other for a bit. "Anyway, what are we playing?" Y/n asks. "Oh, we're just playing 'who's more likely to...'" Mitsuri responds. "Alright, let's play." Y/n says.

Two more years fly by and I set up a suprise for Y/n... "Okay, I'm ready." I say. "Y/N!! WE NEED YOU OUTSIDE." Mitsuri yells. After a few seconds, Y/n appears outside and sees all the Hashiras in a horizontal line, looking at her with smiles on their faces. They then step to the side, revealing me. "What's going on?" She asks. I walk forwards to her. "Y/n... I appreciate you so much in my life and I would like to have you by my side forever." I get down on a knee and I hold out a box. I can see Y/n's eyes already fill with tears... "Will you marry me?" I ask her, anxious for her response. She cups my cheeks with her hands. "I will marry you, Tomioka Giyuu." And with that, we both kiss each other. The other Hashiras cheer and clap with joy. Love is amazing.