Chapter 7: Confession

At the park

At the entrance, I saw him sitting on one of the benches with his red plain shirt and khaki taslan shorts. The skies blanketed with sea of stars. They are so bright, just like the smile tattooed on my face. You should stop smiling like an idiot Nam!

He turn around, waved his hand when he saw me. I sat beside him exactly twelve inches away.

John: 'Hey, glad you came'.
Me: 'Yeah, me too!'
John: 'HAAHAHAH what?'

Trying to recall my answer, about to slap my face, Nice Nam, what a nice intro you got!

Me: 'HAHAHAHA well' touching the back of my head and having this awkward smile.

'So, what do you want to talk about?' I asked after a long pause of silence.

The sound of crickets and the wind makes the flower dance made up our background music.

'It's been a long time since then, right?' He faced me with his twinkling eyes and welcoming smile.

'Indeed, missing those moments' How i wish I could say the words 'I missed being with you, hope we can still be friends.'

'About your post last night, Am I that guy?'

One question that made my mind turned to pitched black. Not a single word of excuses came out. I simply nod.

'Really? Did you kept all the plastic wrappers? How come you knew my school bus time? Why did you post those? ' The excitement obviously entangled with his words.

With a nervous laugh, I faced him.
'There's no point, if I'll deny hahahahah I just want to keep it, that's all. I am not waiting the what so called 'crushback'. I just want to tell the whole world, not all appreciation and love needed to be reciprocated . I didn't imagine this night would come. Talking to you like the old times'

A long pause once again.

He grabbed his acoustic guitar behind the tree. The excitement and nervousness I had earlier made me blind too the point I didn't see his guitar *facepalm.

He stood in front of me, strum his guitar and started singing...
(Beautiful in white by Westlife)

Not sure if you know this
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak
In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found its missing piece

So as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now 'til my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight...

His voice, the memory of this song took me way back on my 18th birthday.
Having the DIY bouquet on his hand. He kneeled, offered his hand that I gladly took.

The guy who was my last dance on my debut, my childhood crush, to the one I'm rendering my poetry to, is the same guy who is standing in front me leaving me breathless.