Chapter 1

~Belle~

Oh my god.
Oh my god.
I think I'm dumbstruck.

Is that weird? Probably, because you're not ill and checked into a hospital, you dumbass!

I guess you probably think I'm crazy and have no clue as to why I could possibly be dumbfounded, but hear me out...

Thing is, I've been staring at this beautiful hunk of a man who mind you, was sitting alone - well, not really alone per say - on the grass with a cute ass dog on his lap.

How cute is that? Seriously.

It's honestly a little bit embarrassing to admit that ever since I came to chill in the park for some alone time, I was staring intently at this dude.

I sigh. It's been 20 minutes. Yes, I've timed my staring. Sue me.

I decide to let my eyes rest for a moment by closing them, and simply enjoy the wind rustling my wispy strawberry-blonde strands.

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Boston and I bask in the familiar heat of this place. What I would do to just come and read here everyday.
___________

I jerk to an upright seating position when I hear a clanking sound and what appears to be a soft whine.

Huh? That's weird.

I guess I passed out. I actually didn't realize how tired I was. My eye bags would tell a whole other story, though.

As my eyes adjust to the beaming sun, I make out a large figure seated right beside me. Oh, it's a really big figure. And, is that a dog?

"Ma'am," a rough voice grunts out.

"Oh wow," I say to no one in particular. Yep, I'm still a little unconscious.

"Ma'am," the voice seems so much closer now.

"Wassup," I reply again. I'm weird like that.

I feel a featherlight touch on my hand that ignites a shit load of goosebumps on my arms. This is such a weird day. Did I mention that already?

And that's when I snap out of it.

Holy.
Hell.

Remember that beautiful hunk of a man I've had the pleasure to stare at earlier?

Well, he's currently seated next to me. People!? How did he even get here?

I blink at him slowly and try to calm my racing heart.

He's even more beautiful up close. Is that even possible?

He also seems entirely too content at staring at me with a hard look that roughens his already rugged features.

A smile would definitely do him good. I snicker quietly at the thought. Said smile would also make his impossibly dazzling eyes, spark. They're an azure blue that can make a women lose her mind.

"Ma'am," he grunts again, a little hurried this time.

Mannn, that low voice voice of his...yum.