High school first-years

Big cappuccino-colored eyes. Short light brown hair. Rosy cheeks. Milky, soft skin. Like a light punch could leave a bruise on his body.

Rain was dissatisfied as he looked into the full body mirror in his closet. He used to be a strong man, but now people mistook him for a little girl.

He sigh and sigh but the unhappiness in his heart didn't seem to be relieved or go away. Rain took one last look in the mirror, making sure his uniform was neat before heading downstairs for breakfast.

Rain still could not get used to this place, it seemed like a maze, and he was afraid he'd get lost if he dared to explore.

For his safety, Rain did not wander and made his way down the stairs and to the dining room. "Good morning dad."

The father was in his usual formal suit, he had glasses on and was typing onto the laptop. Rain admits that he's a bit mesmerized by the man's appearance, he seems to be aging like wine.

"Excited for your first day of high school?" The father stopped typing and close his laptop, bringing his attention to his little son.

The boy shrugged and took a seat beside him and began to eat. The father lovingly smiles and his long arm reaches over to stroke the boy's soft hair. He felt his stress washing away just by staring at the boy's bulging cheeks.

"Once you're done, dad will bring you to school." Rain nodded before eating a few more mouthfuls of the pancakes and drank his orange juice.

He loves Aunt Ella's cooking, it's warm and homely. Somehow, it never fails to brighten his mood.

"I'm done. Let's go, dad." Rain wiped his mouth and tug on the man's suit sleeve. The father smiled and nodded, grabbing his stuff and lead Rain out the door.

Outside, a car was waiting and ready to go. Rich people have it the best! Rain huffed in envy.

They both entered the vehicle and the chauffeur smoothly drove off. The high school Rain was going to was a building just right next to his middle school.

It is an international school for privileged and scholarships students, only the smartest or kids of wealthy families could get in. The school is owned by the father's old friend, and knowing this, secretly made Rain feel safer going into a new environment.

As an old soul, he hasn't been in high school for almost 4 years, he had almost finished university before transmigrating. Rain felt like it was a bit of a waste to have not at least finished his education first before the transmigration happened, but at the same time, he was thrilled to be a high school kid again.

Back then, he had never really experienced the full joy of being a teenager as he had his head stuck in books so he could get into the best university in town. If he knew that it would have been a waste anyway, he would've enjoyed staying after class every day with his friends to play ball.

Now that he got a do-over, he will not waste it!

In less than 10 minutes, the vehicle came to a stop near the school's entrance. Rain looked out the window and his mouth hang open.

Is this a school or a resort?! Rain couldn't believe what he was seeing so he rubbed his eyes to make sure it wasn't playing a trick on him. Everything seemed so clean and luxurious, even the fountain in the middle of the garden pathway was crafted so beautifully.

Rain suddenly felt that this novel was being too excessive. He has never seen such a school this pleasant to the eyes, so pleasant that it makes you want to come to school.

"What's wrong little one aren't you getting off?" The father once again look away from his laptop and gave his full attention to the boy.

"N-nothing...um. I-I'm going now." Rain reluctantly opens the door, he suddenly doesn't want to go to school.

The father nodded and kiss Rain's fluffy head. "I'll pick you up after school."

Rain nodded in a daze and exited the car. He awkwardly watch as it drove away and turn to face the luxurious building once again.

Should I just ditch and run? Rain debated when he felt a tap on his shoulder the next moment.

"Hi, are you new here?" A whisper sounded from behind him. Rain would have missed it if the person hadn't tapped his shoulder.

Rain turns around to meet a boy his age just as tall as he was. Rain almost burst out with joy, thinking he was the only short guy here.

"Uhm..yes. No. Kinda?" The rain didn't know how to answer the boy's question. It was his first time here, so was he a newbie? But the original Rain must've already been here since his middle was right next to it, so he is not new?

"Many students that attend this high school are mostly transferred from the neighboring middle school. So everyone here already knows one another and the place pretty well, but you seem a bit...loss?" The boy softly explained, so Rain told him his situation.

The boy nodded, understanding. "Oh I see, you haven't been here in quite a while, so you must be confused. It's alright, I'll be your guide. My name is Leo, you?" The boy politely introduced himself as he reaches out his hand for Rain to shake.

Rain smiled and held his hand, lightly shaking it. "I'm Rain, nice to meet you."

Rain quietly observed the shy boy. The boy had long, pale blond hair, a pair of honey gold eyes, and overall, a timid appearance. He reminded Rain of a little mouse he use to keep as a pet when he was younger.

The boy shyly returned a smile and led Rain into the school building and begin to show him around as much as possible before class started. After Leo made sure Rain had memorized the ways to most common rooms used by students, he brought him to the general office to find Rain's class and collect his timetable.

"Oh. It seems like we're in the same class." Leo softly commented as he looked through Rain's timetable.

Rain smiled and grabbed a hold of Leo's hand, trying to butter him up. "Well, that's great, at least I'll have a friend to talk to now. I'll be in your care."

Leo's cheeks glowed red from the warm contact and nodded. How cute, Rain thought.