Chapter 1, Deadly Life

"After a certain amount of time, we will head to the class trial! So use your time wisely!~" Kuma cheered. "Head to the Mad Doctor's room to start investigating," Mono said before the TV turned off. Eventually, everyone else ran in. Daisy screamed, and dramatically passed out, Donald catching her. "Oh, dear... Prescott, Jamface, Goofy, are you three alright?!" Gus said as he quickly flew up to us. Goofy was very obviously shaking, and I just felt dead silent. Like I couldn't say a thing. I could hear Jamface repeatedly saying No and Shit in French. "Oh..." Gus said in disappointment. I notice something. A piece of wood under the Mad Doctor's bed. I take my hand out, it shaking wildly, and point to under the bed. "Hmm? What did you find?" Gus said as he floated down to pick it up. "It's just a broken piece of wood" Clarabelle said aloud. "But it could be a clue! We'll hold onto this." Gus said as he gave it to Mickey. "Well then, let's look around for more clues!" Mickey smiled. "Yeah, you guys can just sit and watch! We'll take care of this!" Oswald said while giving a proud grin. "Well, we need all the help we can get as well, Oswald" Gus smiled. "Yeah, you're right." Oswald awkwardly smiled. "I'll help!" Horace chimed. "I would, but... I gotta wake Daisy up soon. Who knows what'll happen if we don't participate!" Donald said. "I-I'm scared..." Goofy mumbled. "Go try to relax, Goofy." Mickey calmly said to Goofy. "No! I want to help." Goofy protested. "Alright, I'll try to calm you down though." Gus calmly said. "Wait, I forgot! You need... Dun, Dun, Dun! GremlinFile!" Mono chimed in. He hands me, Gus, Mickey, Oswald, and Goofy a GremlinFile. "What's this for?" Mickey asked. "So you know the time of death, injury, the time we found the body, and many more!" Mono smiled. We all looked at it.

I realized something. "Hey, if it was JUST suffocation, why is he bleeding from the mouth as well?" I asked. "That's for you to find out! Although, I don't know why that happened... anyways, Ta-Ta!~" Mono said before teleporting away again. "Well, we oughtta find what actually happened then.." Gus said disapprovingly. "D-Do you mean..?" Goofy nervously asked. "Yes, we'll have to investigate the body.." Gus looked down. Well then, nothing else that we can do about it. "I'm no good with dead bodies. I can go look around and find something useful to do!" Clarabelle suggested. "Hmm, maybe you could guard the investigation area, so no one does anything here!" Gus suggested. "Yeah, that sounds about good." Clarabelle nodded, then stood outside the door and kept guard. "Me neither, I'm gonna go to my room and think for a bit." Big Pete chimed in. He left the room. "Same here," Small Pete said as they both left. "I-I'm gonna go too..." Jamface stuttered. He then teleported out of the room before we could say anything else. "Well... No going back now.."

I started by removing the pillow from the Mad Doctor's face. His eyes looked a bit foggy. "You're right! He didn't die from suffocation! It's some type of poison!" Horace pointed out. "Really? How do they look when they're suffocated?" Oswald asked curiously. "They usually look bloodshot!" He responded. "Well, we'll take note! Horace, do you still have a pen and notepad?" Gus asked. "Well, I found some by my bed one time! On the little nightstand! I brought it with me!" Horace smiled. "Good! We'll use that to take note!" Gus smiled. Horace took note of the wood thing, bleeding mouth, and eyes.

A thought came to my mind. "Could I see that wood piece?" I asked. "Sure! Here ya go, pal!" He said while handing it to me. I bring it under the bed. "Nope, this is not a bed-leg. They're all metal" I thought out loud. "Wait, does that mean...!" Goofy put his hands to his face in shock. Just then before we had time to figure it out "Ding Dong Dong Ding!" The bell rang. "Okay! Everyone make your way to the Meanstreet Projectors to start our exciting class trial!" Mono cheered. "We'll figure it out at the class trial, don't worry!" Gus smiled. I force a smile back. Our group made it to the projector area and waited. Eventually, everyone was here. "Now, time to open the class trial area. Are you ready? Too bad!" Kuma smiled before opening a new projector. "This projector can only open when we have a class trial, so don't expect to get inside all that much" Mono smiled. The projector opened, and we hopped through one by one. I turned to Gus, he looked anxious, though he nodded confidently towards me. I nod back, and we jump through together.