Friend

~ 💙 ~

Tuk and Chirr landed near the new area with vines, he saw familiar grass, except there was something about it that wasn't right... He decided it was because he hadn't seen grass in so long.

And there was something about the vines too, that were different. The vines were quite thin and winded together forming a Diamond-like pattern. There were thicker vines that faced the other way that were connected to the diamond-vines. Also, they were a colour that Tuk didn't recognize and the sunlight seemed to shine off of them a way Tuk didn't recognize.
"Vines?" Tuk asked, Chirr seemed just as confused as he did.

After looking at the odd vines for a few more moments, the two of them flew over the vines and landed on the other side of the odd looking grass. Tuk looked around, seeing more vines around the edges of the grass, the grass didn't seem to go past the edges, Chirr pecked at the grass.
"Fake!" She chirped in surprise, Tuk pecked at it too not believing that grass could possibly be fake, but Chirr was right - this grass was definitely fake. Tuk had never seen anything like it.

He didn't see any trees in sight, this might as well be a slight detour, at least they knew that the edge of this place wasn't too far away... right?

"Chasing the birds!" Suddenly a voice growled, Tuk turned around to see an odd looking wolf with ears that were floppier, it had longer fur then most wolves and was a colour that was similar to that of the sand from before, he couldn't see those colours too well but figured that they were probably the same thing.
The animal was bounding towards them.. not gracefully what-so-ever towards them at a pretty fast speed. Chirr and Tuk quickly flew into the sky and landed a while away from the animal, he turned back to see a confused look on the animals face as it tried to figure out where the birds had gone.

Tuk was glad the being wasn't as smart as actual wolves, it wasn't smart at all.. He watched as the being slowly and awkwardly lumbered across the ground, stopping to sniff the fake-grass.

"Come. Go." He chirped, not wanting to stay much longer in this place with that odd wolf... he now realized that no place he went out of the forest felt like home, they all had something wrong with it.

He looked across the land, seeing several more of the odd-wolves in all shapes and sizes were walking and running and playing in the fake-grass. They all seemed much smarter then the being they had encountered.

Tuk flew close to the ground and Chirr followed, a few of the Odd-wolves came over with curiosity and all seemed interested in the birds. Tuk could sense they meant no harm, but it was still scary having a wolf-like animal near a small bird. The beings that seemed interested were all smaller then the first one they had encountered, and seemed to have more wolf-like shapes.

The first one was similar to that of a 'pair', he had eaten a pair when one of the Hairless-Birds had accidentally dropped it in the Forest. He had heard the Hairless-Bird looking for the 'pair' later - he didn't really recognize the word or understand anything that the creature was saying but figured that the thing he had eaten was probably it. He hadn't eaten the whole thing because he had to abandon it when a deer came out of the hedges and had scared him. The deer ate the rest of it.

Tuk heard another growl, Chirr had slowed down, probably remembering something as well. Suddenly a new odd-wolf that looked much more like a wolf began to charge towards Chirr.
"Chirr!" Tuk chirped aloud.

Chirr snapped out of her memory and saw the odd wolf. She flew higher in the sky and Tuk followed.

Chirr looked over at Tuk.
"Saved!" She chirped, claiming that Tuk had saved her from the Odd-wolf.
"Yes." Tuk responded.

"Friend?" Chirr asked, before they had just been travelling companions for safety in numbers, But they weren't friends. Tuk didn't even hesitate.
"Friend." He responded quickly. Chirr seemed very happy by this and the two of them continued to fly across the place where the odd-wolves were and where the fake-grass and weird-vines were.

He was glad to have Chirr as a friend now, they were travelling to find a home together. He now realized. Together. The word floated in his mind, he was quite happy. He had always lived alone on his branch and never had thought about sharing it.

He could now share his branch with a friend. He watched as soon the area with all of the vines, odd-wolves and fake grass ended. It was much easier to find the exit of this place then it was for the other places that Tuk had been to before. It took longer for him to leave his own forest, the Forest where he found Chirr and the Rocky area with the circling birds compared to this new area. He looked back, remembering how many little events happened in this new place. He found fake-grass, odd-wolves but most importantly, He and Chirr became friends. That was what he'd remember this place by.

He landed on the other side of the vines and saw they landed on what looked like rocks.. but much darker and was about as flat as a prairie. He was amazed by how many odd things were here.
He looked up and saw what looked like a forest in the distance, except it didn't seem like a forest of trees. He couldn't tell what it was but didn't really care. Chirr followed his glance, they started to fly again.

There destination in the forest.
Maybe, just maybe, this next location would be his AND Chirr's home.

~ 💙 ~