Snake

~ 🐍 ~

"Let-Out?" Winnifred asked. Tuk flew to the top of the Glass-Cage and found the top, he pecked at it.
"Pull-Door." Winnifred chirped - annoyed.
Tuk pulled the little glass door open, his pecking opened the lock.

Winnifred flew out of the cage and Axel reached to the top and slithered out of the cage before slithering down to the Large-Vine that Chirr was on, she fluttered out of the way.
"Come." Chirr chirped before fluttering a few Branch-Lengths ahead.

Winnifred hopped towards Chirr, looking down at her feet.
"Toes-Missing!" She exclaimed.
"Not-Contagious!" Chirr responded.

Winnifred looked over at Tuk.
"Us-Three. Not. Toe-Missing. Robin. Humans-Won't. Like. Lose-Famous." Winnifred chirped, looking at Chirr with anger.

Tuk was surprised - he had travelled with Chirr the whole time and didn't want to leave her now - not for this Robin. Not for this Snake.

Chirr stepped back, about to fly off when Tuk spoke aloud.
"No!" He chirped demandingly.
Chirr stepped closer to Tuk seeming happy.
"Together." Chirr announced, looking over at Tuk.

"What? You'd-Rather. Toe-Missing. Then-Famous?"
Tuk had no idea what 'famous' meant, or why Winnifred kept saying that but he decided it probably wasn't important.
"Yes." Tuk chirped.

"Then-We. Leave. Axel-Come." Winnifred chirped, soon Axel and Winnifred began Slithering, and flying off into the distance.

"Thanks." Chirr chirped to Tuk. Tuk was surprised - did Chirr really believe that Tuk might leave her after their entire adventure together?
"Come." Tuk chirped before fluttering ahead, waiting for Chirr to follow.

After a short while the two of them were out of the place with the weird sign. He was still disappointed that he had to leave their brand new home after all this time.

Tuk couldn't get his mind off of the snake, Axel. The way it looked at Chirr when it said 'No. Bitesss.' Made Tuk uncomfortable. He partially expected that snake to come back for Chirr and Tuk.

And Winnifred. He couldn't stop thinking about her either, She was saying so many things he couldn't understand. And tried to kick Chirr off the team. He didn't like Winnifred. He didn't like Axel either.

Chirr looked over at him.
"Come." She clearly didn't like the 'Forest' they were in. He didn't know how large the rock-Forest, that's what he decided to call it. Was.

Chirr and Tuk took to the skies again, watching as a Large-Thing patrolled it's path down below.

He looked down at the ground as he flew and he caught a glimpse of what looked like a snake...? And Winnifred? He was too high in the sky to tell if it really was her.

"Look." Tuk said to Chirr, pointing to the direction of where he saw the tiny shapes moving.
Chirr followed his glance. She flew faster suddenly - Tuk followed. Hopefully they weren't following from down below.

The two of them flew fast through the sky - Tuk remembered their journey as they flew. The Wolf-Clouds. The Ground-Wolves. The Odd-Wolves. The circling birds. He now realized all this had happened not too long ago but it felt like ages ago at the same time.

He snapped back into focus to see Chirr swooping in for a landing - Tuk hadn't seen why she landed or anything and scanned the ground. He had been so distracted he didn't even notice the several bushes by him. It was a bit away from the Rock-Forest.

He swooped in for a landing beside her.
"Look." Chirr chirped - She pointed her head towards the direction.
At the end of the several, several bushes was a small patch of trees. It would take a few days to fly there - but this looked the most promising compared to everywhere else they had gone.
"There!" Tuk chirped aloud. Chirr silently agreed.

"Look!" Chirr chirped, looking towards one of the bushes. He looked towards it - there were several berries on it.
"Edible?" He asked - looking over at Chirr with interest.
"Raspberry. Eat." She chirped.

The two of them took a few Raspberries off the bush and ate them. He only realized right then how hungry he was - it had been so long since he had last eaten.
After the two of them finished the Raspberries he looked back towards the trees at the end of the area.
He looked over to Chirr - She looked ready to travel. He was too. He was ready. He was ready to finally, finally stop.

He was ready to start a little robin flock of his own. He was ready to help Chirr build nests in the trees. He was ready to tell their travelling stories to baby robins. He was ready to live in that well earned home.

Now, the only task was to get there. He didn't care that'd it'd probably take a few days. What was a few more days of flying compared to the entire journey before?

He began flying and Chirr followed. He looked over at her.
"Flock?" He asked, wanting to know if she wanted to start a flock in the new area.
"Yes. There." She chirped - claiming she'd only want to create a flock there - they could find more robins who lived there and convince them to join their flock with them. They'd be a peaceful, welcoming flock. Or maybe - just maybe, it would just be Him and Chirr. He didn't care which.

Tuk looked down seeing a small river down below - it wouldn't hurt to stop for a quick drink from the river, right?
He looked towards Chirr again.
"Look!" He chirped.
Chirr looked down at the river. She swooped down to it, Tuk followed.

Tuk drank from the river - remembering the little place they had stopped at the Circling bird's place. Chirr was still drinking The water when he heard a noise.

A rustle in one of the nearby bushes.
"Hey!" Tuk chirped aloud, the rustling stopped. He hopped towards the bush and looked behind it - no one was there. But he was convinced that it wasn't just the wind.

Someone was here. And it wasn't him or Chirr.

~ 🐍 ~