† The Path †

This is a book dedicated to all the HIM fans!!!!! ♥ Just message me or comment below if you would like a request for a story c:

There is no turning back from this unending path of mine
Serpent turning back it stands before my eyes
To hell & back it will lead me once more
It's all I have as I stumble in & out of grace

    It was dark & Ville had been wondering aimlessly for hours. Surely I'm close to Dead Lover's Lane by now. He thought. Just a few more steps & he was finally there. The gate had been beautiful once upon a time. What was left of the Gothic designs & the iron bars was painted in rust; barely hanging on to its hinges. As he neared the twisted old gateway, it slowly swung backwards with a loud groan of reluctance. It was a bizarre welcome, but to Ville it was a welcome home.

I walk through the gardens of dying light
& cross all rivers deep & black as the night
Searching for a reason why time
Would've passed us by
With every step I take, the less I know myself

    The gate had swung closed behind him. the latch was rusted shut & could not be opened.  The wind howled, & distantly, so did a wolf. The thrashing of the trees threw shadows & hid movement. He was thrown by one such branch into the bramble & from the bramble stumbled into a nettle patch. He was petrified to move through the pain giving plants or to stay. It was a agonizing decision, but Ville chose to carefully  maneuver his way out. It was painful, but he was thankful he wasn't injured in anyway.

    The cobblestone path was familiar, yet unfamiliar to him. It was his Victorian version of the Yellow Brick Road; dark & sinister.  In a sense, he felt like Orpheus walking down the path of Hell to rescue his love from Hades & Persephone. Except there wasn't fire & flames, or demons of the underworld.. & Ville most certainly didn't possess the saddest songs that made all the gods weep.

Every vow I break on my way towards
Your heart, countless times I've prayed
For forgiveness but gods just
Laugh at my face & this path remains
Leading me into solitude's arms

    Unlike Orpheus, Ville never looked back. Deep in his heart he was afraid. But of what? That he wasn't sure of. The path seemed to go on forever except it was an endless journey he was willing to take.

I see through the darkness
My way back home
This journey seems endless but I'll carry on
The shadows will rise & they will fall
& our night drowns in dawn

    The chilling Autumn breeze kissed his face & fingertips. The moon fell behind the trees, ready to slumber. He could feel death welcoming him with open arms. Ville accepted & could feel himself slowly slipping into oblivion.

Amidst all the tears there's a smile that
All angels greet with an envious song
One look into a stranger's eyes & I know
Where I belong & the path goes on...