2. Hugs (Bill Weasley)

The chatter from the kitchen and the excited shouts from the twins outside kept me from focusing on the report I was trying to write. It was due within the week and it couldn't be late or my chance to be a reporter would vanish! Unfortunately, the Weasley home wasn't my wisest choice to find peace and quiet. I sighed, placing my elbows on the desk and covering my eyes with my hands. Molly was scolding Ron loudly for snitching a taste of a pudding dessert while George howled about Fred jinxing their fake Quaffle.
   Suddenly, two hands slid around my waist, making me jump and squeak in surprise. A familiar chuckle confirmed my suspicion, so I tipped my head back and rested it on his shoulder.
   "Hello, Bill," I greeted, smiling.
   "Hello Lindy," He replied, still hugging me.
   "You know, you hug me an awful lot," I commented. I loved his hugs and he knew it, so he simply shrugged, still holding me tightly.
   "What better way to show that I love you," He murmured, pressing a kiss to my cheek.
   "Yes, but I can't work with you holding me all the time," I reasoned, knowing that if I didn't get him to let go soon, he'd talk me into taking a break. 
   "Alright. One kiss and I'll go bug someone else," He chuckled again.
   I obliged, happily turning in my chair to give him a long, sweet kiss. His lips met mine instantly, and moved easily in sync with my own. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt him smile as I did. I pulled away slightly, curious on what amused him.
   "What?" I asked when I saw his smirk.
   "Now who won't let go?" He questioned teasingly.
   "Shut up," I laughed, pulling him into a real hug.
   At that moment, a large boom shook the whole house and Molly went off on a very loud tangent. Bill sighed and pulled away.
   "I'd better go make sure nobody dies," He stated.
   I nodded and took hold of his hand.  "And I'd better forget about that reporter job."
   He laughed and kissed the top of my head before walking away to attempt to calm his mom down. I turned back to my report and picked up my pen, prepared to block out the noises of the large family that filled this house as best I could. However, as I brought the tip of the pen to the paper, it released a large glob of ink!  I leapt to my feet, furious.
   "FRED GEORGE WEASLEY!"

(Published April 24, 2022)