Thoughts and feelings

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy this chapter. This is mainly a filler chapter for the next. 

SPOILER FOR THE TRIALS OF APOLLO. I have marked where it is safe to read for those who don't want to be spoiled.

Ring, ring. Argh. I reached out my hand towards my phone. 

"Yes? What is it?" I had just gotten back from power training and had been about to drift off to sleep.

"Katerina, I really need to talk to you, I'm at Camp." It was Thalia and whatever had gotten her so distraught was certainly not good news.

"I'll be right over." I may be tired but I know when I'm needed. 

I quickly got dressed and teleported to CHB making my way to Artemis's cabin. When I peaked my head round the door I didn't see her in there. Searching through both Artemis's and zeus's cabin was strange, nothing was in there.

It was only that I spotted somebody on the beach watching the moon. Of course that's where she'd be. Sitting beside her, you could see she'd been crying, all the signs were there, red puffy eyes, knotty and tangled hair and what looked to be a black spot where lighting had once struck.

"I never told you, how could I, it hurt to much but I..," she started to chock back a few sobs, "had a brother." I just stayed quiet, letting her continue.

"I thought he was dead, he was a son of Jupiter, apparently the gods have a split personality, it just gets complicated from there." Thalia took a deep breath seeing as though needing to gather her thoughts.

                     STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILT.                            

"He was on another quest and..."

Thalia didn't need to continue for me to understand what had happened. I hugged Thalia while we sat in comfortable silence, this was Thalia without her emotional shield up. This, this is what I would look like without mine.

Thalia pulled slightly from the embrace, just enough for her to be able to see my face. The tears were less noticeable but you could see that they were once there. 

                    YOU CAN START READING AGAIN IF YOU STOPPED.                                

"Kat, if there's anything that I know now is that, its healthy to let down your shield for your family, so maybe.."

I sighed and looked down. "Thalia, you know what would happen if I did." I couldn't meet her gaze. I knew she was right but I just couldn't. If anything that was my biggest fear. Weakness. It only took one moment of unfocused observation outside of forks and she'd be dead. I couldn't let my emotions effect me.

"One day, you will and it will hurt like torture but it will make you feel something, just feel something because that is what makes us human. Our humanity."

Dimitri POV:

I couldn't shake the feel that I had smelt that scent before. Some where. With no other option I went to the kings. I sensed unease as I entered the throne room through the huge brown doors.

"Argh, Dimitri, what troubles you?" Aro asked giving me one of his creepy smilies. If I was human I would shudder.

Walking down the steps towards where he was stood, I place my hand in his in order for him to see what was on my mind. As I did so I saw a look of wonder cross his face. What did he know?

He let go of my hand and started to talk to his bothers. "It would seem that Dimitri caught the scent of our mate and thinks he had smelt it before." The other two kings seem to lean forward eager for me to carry on from Aro.

"I just have a feeling, occasionally I get small shards of memories and feelings I guess from my human life." I was suddenly interrupted by Caius.

"Impossible, our mate is only seventeen, you have been with us.." Caius seemed to pause. How long had I been with the volturi? Marcus seemed to have thought of something as he sped away only to come back having a confused look upon his face.

"What is it brother?"

"The books that had different prophecies are gone." Everyone was quiet. For I suppose years now, I had been searching for the kings mate with no luck. Now all of a sudden I didn't even know their scent when they were right in front of me.

"Get a message sent out to all the covens for them to be on the look out for the books," Caius by this point looked like he was about to erupt like a volcano.

From out of no where a memory flashed across my eyes. A beautiful brown haired girl stood with a bow and arrow in her hands while a young blond boy stood next to her. "Hey, don't worry we'll get it eventually, see you on the obstacle course." The girl smelt exactly like the queen. Although, that was all I heard until I started to gain my sight to reality.

I must have past out onto the floor strangely enough seeing as I was a vampire. The kings stood looming over me looking slightly concerned. "What was it Dimitri?" inquired Aro.

"I had a flashback, it was of a young girl with a bow and arrow, she had the same scent as the queen." Aro excitedly grabbed my hand looking through my memories but his look of curiosity and happiness was replaced with shock. What is it this time?

"I cannot see any memories, almost like something's shielding them from your mind." I guess that makes sense as to why he didn't make any comment before hand about the weird memories I had had.

Later on I returned to my chambers. I couldn't stop thinking about that young boy standing beside the future queen. He looked familiar but I couldn't exactly be very sure since I hadn't seen him face to face before.

All, I knew was that my name was Dimitri Volturi, I didn't even remember my birthday, or family nor how long I had been serving the volturi. In fact nobody seemed to remember that. Caius, Aro and Marcus all seemed to have no recollection of the year.

The main questions I had going through my mind was, What could possible be blocking master Aro out of some of my memories? Why they were doing so? And most of all, how did I know the future queen since I certainly don't know her from my time as a vampire.

I left my room, once again on the search for the masters mate with even more questions than I had had before.