Truth

Author's Note: It's summer, and now that I have no lessons, I will be available to write frequently. I hope you enjoy this new update.

Demitri's POV:

I had come to a dead end. Once again. Long Island was a maze, a crazy, untameable maze. It almost felt like years since I have seen that blazing sun of Volterra. 

But I couldn't disappoint my masters and not find some lead to their mate. The future queen. It was strange, only a few months ago had she been inside the castle, right in front of me and yet I did nothing to investigate.

Yet, it almost seemed as if I knew the queen, as if she had once been part of my human life. Perhaps, just maybe, I might find answers to some of my questions here. About the queen and my human life.

I probably would have kept on pondering on the connections between these two when all of a sudden I hit something strong and got flung back to the ground.

"What the hades?!" I exclaimed before I could keep myself from silence.

Why had I used that phrase? I never had before. Well, I believe that I've never used that expression before. 

Making my way back onto my feet, my eye's were met with the view of a crowd of kids. Most ranging from the age of eleven too eighteen or so.

What the tartarus was this?! I mentally slapped myself for that one. What was wrong with me today?!

Just as I was about to make my way back the way I came, a centaur?! arrived in front of me, taking me by the arm.

"Get back to your training and exercises!" exclaimed the centaur.

Now, don't get me wrong. Normally I would have struggled, however, something about this man, well...centaur, just seemed familia and safe.

The centaur I had yet to be properly introduced to, guided us both towards a deeper neck of the woods.

"Sorry about them, I suppose they were only curious, we don't get many visitors out here, well, except for maybe," the centaur seemed to pause their words at the sight of my red eyes.

Did he know of my kind?! Master Aro will be very interested in this once I return back to Volterra.

"My name is Chiron and you I suppose are lu-dimitri."

What-how did this Chiron know my name and what had he almost called me?!

"Yes, but how did you know and what is this place and what do you mean your name is Chiron and-"

"Breath-i mean pause, a few questions at a time. I will tell you all you want to know once you swear. Swear on the river styx that once I tell you the answers to your questions you will stay for a while here and reflect on such."

Out of anything I had expected for Chiron to say, it most certainly had not been this, but if that is what I had to do for my all my unanswered questions then so be it. What was the swear on the river styx anyway?!

"Then Chiron, I swear on the river styx!"

Katerina's POV:

It was official. I HATED THAT EDWARD. I mean, it was one thing to break up with my sister, but you couldn't even take her home or even phone a family member to pick her up.

I honestly give up at this point. Now, thanks to Edweirdo, my sister is in a cocoon of misery and depression. Thanks a lot.

And at the worst timing. Chiron warned me a few hours ago that the war was coming soon and id have to be ready. At least I have a few months, at most.

Bella's routine has become, wake up, eat, go to school, eat and finally... drum roll please: screaming her head off. 

Oh gods the screams. it reminds me of Hermes when... he passed. I'll always remember that sound.

He thought nobody could hear him. But I could. 

People think that, knowing the outcome beforehand, softens the blow. 

It doesn't. Not from what I heard all that time ago.

I had hoped that Jacob's feelings towards Bella would be more brotherly or at least unnoticeable. Oh how the gods did not answer my prays.

No, that boys feelings have been loud and clear to everyone but Bella who lets face it, was the definition of clueless. Although, I have to give it to the kid, he knew how to repair motorbikes. 

My baby had a bit of damage that needed fixing and, not saying I took advantage of the kids feelings, but... well, it didn't hurt with the speed of my baby's repair.

Say, I never did catch sight of what had cause the trouble with my baby. All I knew was that she wasn't working so smoothly when I awoke to get to school.

I'll have to pick that Jacobs brains on that topic later. For now I needed to keep a track on my sister's behaviour.

Now after spending so many years in this timeline my memory of the events have become slightly hazy and blurry. 

All I could really remember is the ending of new moon. I'd have to be careful with what my sister may get up to

I had tried to get in contact with dad but he seems to be closing off all contact with all the different universes. 

I want to put it down to there being a war approaching but I just have a funny feeling that...it's more than that. That maybe something else is coming. Maybe it's just me.

Nobody's POV:

"What?!" Demitri shouted.

Chiron who didn't look the utter most surprised at his reaction stood before the young vampire as he paced back and forth. Muttering.

"And you're saying that I'm her what?!"

"I am saying that when the time comes you will have to be there for her Luke, I mean Demitri-"

"NO," the young man now looked to be on the verge of a meltdown, "No, you do not get to call me that, not now, not ever."

Demitri or Luke, which either you prefer was a mess. He had just been told everything, I mean everything. Even things that Katerina didn't know were to come and Chiron planned to keep it that way.

"Everyone makes mistakes young man, it's part of being us, but if you don't do it for me, do it for her. She will be on the verge of breaking, even if she's doesn't know it yet and she'll need you there helping her."

The boy took an unneeded breath and sighed heavily.

"If that is what she truly needs then that is what I shall do."

Chiron had hoped for this answer and just had to give himself a mental pat on the back. 

"For her." Demitri had to remind himself. For the future queen.

One step closer to war, but at least Chiron knows she will be safe.

"Now," Demitri spoke smirking up at the centaur, "where am I staying."