NEW MOON

Alice's POV (brief mention of suicide, apologies, not trying to be insensitive)

I'm slightly freaking out, Edward has gone to Volturi to kill himself, he thinks Bella's dead because Rosalie told him and now I'm driving like a mad woman heading to Volterra, I just how Thena comes, in my vision she does, she might be the only one that can allow us to come out alive. 

" God Edward you stupid fucking idiot! " she yells 

"What's wrong Alice? I should be the one freaking out right now, my mate is literally heading to his death and here you are calling him an idiot it isn't the time for it okay! " Bella yells condescendingly. Her hands keep moving through her hair and face, like a kid losing it's favourite toy.

To be honest, every since the James incident I've had the slight indication that Bella is only with Edward because she wants to be immortal, she doesn't love him, she loves what she can receive from him, I think the others are starting to realise this, only Esme and Edward seem to be in denial. They are not even mates, I mean Edward still loves Thena even though it's unrequited but still it seems more real than anything with Bella this past year. God how I wish Thena was there saving the day, but she has been looking for a way to have the ability to procreate for herself and Rosalie and even other vampires if they wish.

We were coming into Volterra now, Bella was asking why people were dressed in red clocks, driving the car near the same direction as them. I told Bella it's in celebration of St. Marcus Day which Marcus drove away the vampires within the area, however, he became Marcus Volturi. 

I told Bella that Edward was going to expose himself to the humans and the perfect opportunity to show himself to the humans and the perfect time to do that is during the celebration in the crowd. We suddenly got told by the security and I had to practically force her to continue without me to save my suicidal brother and head towards the bell tower quickly and she promptly exited the car. Took her longer than expected, for someone wanting to be a vampire, her motivation is lacking.

I pass a scarf though my hair and face to avoid exposure and head towards the bell tower, passing through the crowd. I unlocked well broke the panel from the door and head inside and remove my poor disguise, taking the attention of the two guards in front of my brother and Bella, the red eyes glare at me but one of them soften's slightly, mentally making sure I thank Thena for introducing me to her mate beforehand.

"There's a festival outside, we wouldn't want to make a scene. "

" We wouldn't, " the ridiculously tall man spoke.

Edward's POV

The Volturi refused my desire to die and now the only thing I can possibly think of is exposing myself for them to do their job, I start heading towards the exit of the bell tower, I open the door and remove my shirt. When all of the sudden I feel a gush of wind and hear my blood singer's voice " Don't! " she yells at me, but she feels like " heaven " I smile, I'm at peace but then she spoke again "you have to move, open your eyes look at me, I'm alive, " she tells me desperately. I open my eyes and she's here, she's alive, I take her in my eyes and kiss her passionately, the doubts of her linger but she came her to save me, I suppose that counts for something.

Our moment is interrupted when two guards came through, my thoughts are all over the place and I just don't have any idea what to do at this precise moment, I'm glad Bella is not dead but I can't help but wish she died, for all my problems and doubts to disappear along with her, I know she loves me but I know what she loves and hungers for more and that is my immortality as sad as it is, I see it and I don't need my gift to see it too. 

The door suddenly breaks and I see Alice poke her head inside, taking off her scarf " There's a festival outside, we wouldn't want to make a scene. " she said effortlessly but I know she's worried.

The tall man said, " we wouldn't, " he knows who's in power, there is not doubt in his mind who would win in this case.

" Enough. " the sound of someone coming towards us caught everyone's attention. Me and Alice both put our heads down. " Aro sent me to see what is taking so long. " she looked at us before turning her heel.

The tall guard gave me a red cloak to put it on before we go back to meet the kings. Alice told Bella to basically shut up and do what Jane says, to be honest I could really use Thena right now, if she was here our chances of surviving would be more than 50%. I hear Alice's thoughts ' Thena you better come quickly, I don't doubt you, we are family after all ' I turn to her and whisper as quietly as I can " why are you thinking about Thena right now? We don't even know where she is but if she was here right now I would feel a whole lot better about round two with the kings " but unfortunately my whisper did nothing for the vampire ears around us, when Jane suddenly turns around and glares at me.

" And how do you know Athena? " she questions me.

Thankfully Alice saves me, " who wouldn't hear about the beauty and power of Athena, the Goddess of War, her legends are still being passed down throughout every vampire generation, we did not mean any disrespect, especially Edward, " she smiles tightly.

Jane just turns around and hums in response, clearing knowing we were lying, the shorter blonde curled vampire glares at me intently growling at me, like he knows. 

"Liar, " he mutters. I unconsciously swallow thickly.

We continue walking and we pass a woman working at a desk, she smiled towards us, speaking in Italian. Alice continues to answer Bella's questions confirming that the lady at the desk is human and she's working with vampires... she wants to become one or in Jane's words, she was becoming their dessert.

Word Count: 1097