part 7

I clamber onto the balcony, the chipping dark oak wood brushing my heels. The afternoon light had begun to fade, shadowing Lily's expressionless face as I pulled her up along with me.
Allie's house is the definition of a middle class white families 'humble abode'. It's surrounded in pure white siding, two floors and a broken old roof and gives it a little bit of charm. it's neatly gardened, not anything fancy, just a couple plants and shit.
The backyard reeks of dog poop, because their dog Milo is let outside instead of going for walks, and their papa who's supposed to clean it, refers to let it compost. and his words, anyway. He's disabled, in the military accident, However he does have a feeling in his legs to beat the fuck out of his kids.
I slip onto the roof, The black sharp shingles scraping my knee harshly, and I grip a hand onto a small window tucked into the side of the house.
I click open the latch it's and yank it upwards, letting it slide to open a small opening for a human to get through. my hands brush the corners and I thrust my entire body through the window is quietly as possible.
I thud onto her laminate old brown floor, wincing as my leg slams against the corner of her desk. her room is such a vibe because she actually takes care of herself. So many plants line every corner of the room, green, overgrown,  and quite comforting. Her walls are painted a blank white, but are filled with astrology and Harry Styles posters. because she's an actual simp for him, really. For her birthday she got two tickets to his concert in NYC, and invited me. It was so fucking fun, however I did get felt up by some old 80-year-old dude there. so, I mean it was great other than that. I agree Harry Styles is really cute, just not my type. One are the reasons she has so much stuff even though she's also a tier 2, it's because her fathers mother, her abula, is quite wealthy.
Yet the reason they aren't higher Tier, is due to the unfortunate fact her father is a convicted felon. You can also become a higher tier by donating large funds to the tier 10 government, even if you have no power or social status. Whenever he would be going to donate, if there is any chance of money
could be stolen or not received in appropriate ways, such as money laundering. So her father's donation was rejected due to his criminal record and psychiatric hospital visits. The government stated that it would be much safer that someone like him should stay in the lower ranks.
I snap my racing thoughts back to the present and gesture for Lily to follow. She nervously pushes herself over this windowsill and slides her legs gracefully onto the ground. I scoff and push myself back up to brush myself off carelessly. "Right then let's find her," I whisper to Lily quietly, my eyes darting back and forth.
I never come over to Allie's house mostly because of her father. He scares the fuck out of me, due to hefty sexual assault and drug abuse record. last time I saw him, he was screaming at Allie in their living room while at the same time slamming his face against a wall.
I grabbed Lily's hand and gave her out into the hallway and into the bathroom. I gasp as I spot her father leaned down over the counter white powder filling his nose. I pause for a moment not knowing what to say as he looks up. "Hello Mr. Mias," My voice shakes nervously and Lily takes a few steps back.
His nose is caked in white powder, and a credit card lays neatly next to the pile. Supposedly he's been in rehab and has been clean for three weeks, as Allie told me. Well, apparently that's bullshit.
He gives me a fierce glare with his amber brown eyes and begins to speak angry rapid Spanish at me. "Que haces aqui perra? Quién diablos está detrás de ti?" I smile nervously and back up a bit and accidentally slam against the door.
"This is my sister, sir. and i'm here to see Allie." He narrows his eyes and scoffs at my cowering sister.  "Salir de esta casa ahora." If you don't speak spanish, he basically asked why the fuck i'm here and to leave now. I nod my head respectfully but slip into the hallway.
"Goodbye sir," I reply, my voice shaky as I step into the kitchen. Alice sitting at The island, devouring a A homemade chocolate chip cookie over a cereal bowl as we both stepped in. her eyes widen in shock, but she smiles as she sees my sister.
"What brings you here?" She asked calmly, her voice muffled with cookie.
"I just called you," I snap back, holding my sister tight against my body. look. I gently hold out one of my sister's arms and she looks away in embarrassment. Allie's eyes widened at the purple and black bruises climbing up her arm, even visible through her dark olive skin.
"Holy shit." Is all she says, clapping a hand to her mouth. My heart skips a beat as my eyes flick over her face, dotted with freckles and dark eye bags that only make her look even more beautiful. Even though I can tell she just woke up, she still is prettier than ever.
Her pyjama choice whoever is questionable, since she does live with a paedophile sex offender her dad. She's simply wearing a dark crimson push up bra with gray sweatpants, that show off her belly button piercing.
I cough awkwardly and she just stared at us both. "I just want to see you," I stutter, my eyes darting up and down her bra unintentionally. She just kind of looks at me for a moment and then pushes her self to her feet, letting the spoon clatter down into the cereal bowl. "All right I won't ask any questions. just be quiet." She replies firmly, then grips both of our hands and pulled us out into the backyard.
We follow her without a word,  and she slides the glass door behind us, letting the freezing draft of cold air brush over me.
"Listen you can't be here right now," She says awkwardly, scratching her head as she looks at my little sister's bruises. I blink at her for a moment. "Yeah, I know. We walked in on your dad doing Coke in the bathroom," I counter bluntly, tugging at the end of my hair. She just recoils but does nothing.
"I'm not supposed to be here either you know," She says finally, after a long and awkward silence between the three of us. "I'm supposed to be at my moms, but she got busy and I had to stay."
I yawn, clearly bored. "Yeah we know you have divorced parents, shit happens". I gently lift Lily's  arm a  little bit, showing some of the piece of purple bruises.
"I didn't know this shit was fucking happening till today," I hissed, A strong voice of air rushing over me and I grabbed onto the chipping dark brown deck. "I don't wanna be near her right now." Allie just blinks her long lashes at us and nods.
"I'm gonna go grab my glasses, be right back" She slides the glass door open once more and slips inside quietly, her bare feet making a soundless patter onto the floor.
I slump against the wall of the house and breathe a heavy sigh. "Why didn't you fucking tell me Lily?" I groan, pulling out the Vape from my bra and taking a couple puffs to calm me down. Lily shrugs, the freckles dotting her arms shadowing in the dark clouds casting down on her."You can't do anything anyway," She said kind of squeakily, staring down at her dirty white shoes.
I pursed my lips and say nothing. She's right. If I were to tell on my mother, she could easily blame it on me. I have so much history of substance abuse and trouble with the law, she could lie and just say it was me. And I'd be the one to get arrested. For supposedly beating my own fucking little sister.
I glanced into the door window, peering for Allie, but she's nowhere to be seen. I take a deep breath of more Tutti Frutti and blow it out Lily's face by accident. "Fuck that bitch", I say finally, reaching out to retie one of my she laces on my hightop Converse.
Lily just stares blankly at me, a tear trickling down from her face. Suddenly, Allie burst out with her dad holding her by the arm roughly. The tattoos on his face are even more prominent as he stands outside in the open. He narrows his eyes at us, and clears his throat roughly.
"We're leaving now", He grunts, scooping up my sister and placing her in his arms as he steps down the stairs. That's when I hear the loudest rumble, one that shook the deck under my feet. Out speeds this short blonde haired guy on a red muddy ATV. The guy clicks his helmet and his eyes glimmer as he glances up at Allie's dad. ready to go to Adria's, Mr. Mias?"