Chapter 7

"I, Harrison Joseph Potter, solemnly swear that I shall never betray nor turn my wand upon Thomas Marvolo Riddle or Lord Voldemort without his consent. So mote be it." A golden light manifested from thin air in front of Harrison, where his and Riddle's arms were conjoined. They were currently in the process of something close to an unbreakable vow, though far more ancient.

He had no clue how Riddle had found this ritual but somehow wasn't as surprised as he should be. That man somehow seemed to have all the knowledge in the bloody world.

The golden light slowly diminished, signalling that it was Riddle's turn, "I, Thomas Marvolo Riddle, solemnly, swear that I shall never betray nor turn my wand upon Harrison Joseph Potter. So mote be it." This time, a dark purple shined in place of the golden hue, making Harry curious. Was this the physical representation of their magic? Before he had a chance to ask, Riddle snapped his hand away from Harrison's and began changing in an unfamiliar language. Harrison sighed.

"Is that all? Or do I need to sign more contracts and participate in more vows just so your paranoid self can trust me?" He questioned snidely, utterly over all this.

Riddle had kept him here all night since they had met in the Leaky. After they'd discussed their future partnership and what it may entail, the man had gone berserk, forcing Harrison to sign all different kinds of magically binding contracts and participating in vows that made it impossible for Harrison to ever turn on him. It seemed like overkill, in the green-eyed man's humble opinion.

"I believe that is all. You may leave, Harrison. I'm sure I'll be contacting you soon." Riddle's voice was monotonous as he stared at something on his desk, fully immersed. Harrison rolled his eyes at the dismissal, mumbling a quiet fuck you at him before turning to leave.

He cast a quick tempus realizing with a jolt it was 6 am, twelve hours since he'd first left to meet with Riddle.

"Bloody hell." He said to himself, wondering how the hell he was supposed to explain to Adelaide. She probably thought that Riddle had killed him by now. Or she fell asleep immediately and hadn't noticed his lengthed absence at all. The latter seemed more likely.

Once he was out of range of the wards, he quickly apparated away to Peverell Manor. Home sweet home, Harrison thought with amusement as he crept inside, casting a quieting spell on his shoes to keep them from making noise.

"HARRISON POTTER, WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?" Cried Adelaide the minute he stepped through the doorway and into the receiving room. Her eyes had adopted that crazed look that she had worn when she escaped from Azkaban. Seeing them made him shudder with memories.

He cringed, holding his hands up in muggle fashion, "you know where I was."

She looked him up and down, taking in his rumpled state, and broke into a huge grin, "you slept with him, didn't you?" Before he could vehemently deny the statement, Adelaide continued, "Frankly, I'm not surprised. Those trousers fit you rather nicely, and those robes..." she trailed off, her eyes glazed.

"Why are sex, money and murder the only things on your mind? No, I did not fuck Riddle. I was up for twelve hours hashing out details of our partnership, making vows upon vows upon contracts."

Adelaide's eyes snapped up to his, eyes widening, "Partnership?!" she exclaimed, "what do you mean by partnership?"

Harrison huffed and pulled out an envelope from his pocket, handing it to Adelaide to read. She greedily took it, ripping open the wax seal, eyes scanning the parchment held inside.

Alliance Contract

Filed by: Sir Wickham from Gringotts

1) Both parties (Mr. Potter & Mr. Riddle) are never to betray one another and never to turn their wands to one another without the consent of the other.

2) Mr. Potter shall be introduced as Lord Peverell to Lord Voldemort's followers, The Death Eaters, and he never reveals his true identity.

3) Mr. Potter shall act as a political alliance to Lord Voldemort. Mr. Potter is also required to establish a political presence in the British Wizengamot, supporting Mr. Riddle all the while.

4) In return, Mr. Riddle shall train Mr. Potter in numerous ways, all to help Mr. Potter strengthen himself.

Signed, Harrison J. Potter & Thomas Marvolo Riddle aka, Lord Voldemort

Once she had finished reading the letter, Adelaide spoke, "I wish I could say I was surprised."

Harrison raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean by that?" He asked.

"He was clearly courting you in some way the first time you met up. It was only a matter of days until he asked something like this of you. Though I didn't expect him to give you such a generous offer, I mean, he could've merely threatened you into becoming his death eater, allowing him to control you and your considerable magical power."

"I could've gone into hiding, thrown up a fidelius charm away from him. It was probably the only way he could ensure that I didn't disappear off the face of this earth. Can't say I blame him." Harrison stated, examining his nails for dirt. He'd already gone through the exact thought process during hour 4 when they'd still been discussing details.

Adelaide groaned, "I thought this would be fun, but now you've gone and made it all political." she spat out in disgust, "where will I get my entertainment from now, Harrison!" Azkaban's madness was undoubtedly catching up to her.

For a few moments, they sat in silence when an idea rang in Harrison's mind, "That's it!"

"What's it?" she asked him, her tone indicating she was still miffed.

"Alright, so, one of Riddle's followers is hosting some death eater political party tomorrow, which is now to be my debut to his followers. The party will be supremely boring, but, with you there I'll be less bored, and you'll have some entertainment. A win-win situation for both of us."

"You're a bloody genius, Harry. Though, are we sure that Riddle isn't going to murder me the second I walk inside? I'd rather not get killed just as I escaped Azkaban."

"Riddle wouldn't do that in public, too risky. Besides, the bastard deserves it. He hasn't acknowledged that I exist outside of ordering me around like his servant."

Adelaide eyed him, "Petty." She declared, leaving the receiving room, allowing him to pass out on the couch.