CHAPTER FIVE

Alas just froze when the numbness keep making her feel sleepy. She just yawned and widened her eyes but a sudden chills came down her spine, then she suddenly can't feel the numbness, only feeling it as a pleasure of  hunger. When she's hungry, she just feel it as a pleasure that she can't do anything about it. Then she saw Mryth was standing there as if he was waiting for the signal and he was waiting. Alas just sighed and chanted something in her mind. Then someone called her behind her ear.

"Alas."

"Greetings! The first brave of the arena! What is your name? Migal? Was it?" King Havi said with a smile and clapped Mryth on his shoulder. "Ah yes, I'm Migal." Mryth awkwardly said with little laugh. They were invited to come in the castle. "How incredible!" King Havi exclaimed. Poor King Havi, he was fooled, he just got himself fooled. Just hope that it will stay like this. Maybe..

"Please, take a seat." King Havi prepared a supper for them to celebrate the first brave. The reward? Where's the reward? Is it the food? Just go with the flow. "Mind if I know what is your names." King Havi asked kindly. "Uhm, My name is Mal and this is our sister, Minian." Martha answered smoothly. Who knows, Martha can be cunning sometimes and  even good at pretending.

The conversation continues.

"You sure are brave!" King Havi said and congratulate Mryth again. "Where do you live?

"We live near in the Crand mountain." Alas came in the middle. "Oh, that must be hard to live nearby." King Havi sighed. "Not at all." Martha said. "Say, how did you do it?" King Havi said as he looked at Mryth. "What? Did I..."

"The way the fire circled the deadly beast." King Havi rested his elbow on the armrest and lowered his head. "I'm just curious." King Havi added as he looked at us with a smirk. "Something is not right." Mryth nervously said. "Your Majesty, may I have a moment to talk with you?" Alas said as she yawned and took a glance at the King. "Maids, escort this  special guests to the Royal guest room." King Havi kindly asks the maids. "This way." The maids said as they gestured them to to follow them.

Mryth and Martha looked at Alas again not sure  what is going to happen. "I'm not sure about this.." Mryth sighed. The door closed leaving the two of them inside the dining. King Havi clasped his together and looked at Alas. "It seems you already knew." Alas looked at the King who is looking at her with seriousness in his face. "So, can you tell me what should I do with the trespassers like you?" King Havi said. "But since you put such an amazing performance, I want to ask that young man to be one of my soldiers."

"I'm afraid you can't." Alas said directly. "Yes I know, that was little bit out of nowhere." King Havi's face change in to disappointed. "Can I ask where are you from?"

"Gadrath." Alas said shortly. "Oh, Gadrath." King Havi seemed to be fine with the name Gadrath. "What made you say that with no awareness? Aren't you afraid that I might executed all of you in public for trespassing." King Havi said. "Because I know that the King Havi I'm talking to is a good person and a great King." Alas said with a smile. "Oh! I'm flattered." King Havi tried not to show his smile, but he failed. This King is still a child inside. "Anyway, you all just didn't trespassed but even came here with fake identities." King Havi said as he leaned back. "Then what can I do for you to forgive us."

King Havi straighten his back and put his elbows on the table and then clasped his hands together. "As you know Gadrath is known for a good soil and herbs. But whenever the trade is here, I'm not always satisfied to the herbs they'd bring but still I accepted it because I don't want any problems." King Havi said and sighed. "A king shouldn't be like that." Alas chuckled. "I know right." King Havi find it funny too.

"We can give you a sack of the rarest herbs we got." Alas said as she grabbed the small knife beside the plate and looked at it. King Havi just raised an eyebrow. "And where is that rarest herbs?"

"Your Majesty, is it okay to give you a sack of herbs? I'm just a person who sneaked in your territory, will that please you?" Alas said as she glanced at the King. Just herbs won't just let them go, but since it's King Havi, he will think it through. "In Cressence, it is not illegal to trade or to give,"

"It's from a unknown part of the Gadrath, will it be still not illegal?"

"Yes, it will be still not illegal. Since I'm making you pay for sneaking in, that will be okay. If someone attempted to kill the source of the object that will transport to the Cressence, and if that person was caught, it will executed right away in the Cressence." King Havi explained.

"Why was it in the unknown part of the Gadrath?"

"No one knows." Alas said shortly as she put the knife down. "I'll let you all off, thank me for just agreeing in this deal. So, what do you want in return?"

"Nothing, but sooner or later I will think about it. It might be helpful." Alas said with a genuine smile. King Havi just sighed, I don't know why children these days is so scary..

"Since it's just a herbs I will be still thanking you all. We're the big population here, so we need herbs too." King Havi returned a smile. "Oh, I almost forgot, the reward will be in the Royal guest room." King Havi added.

"One more thing Your Majesty, about the unknown part of the Gadrath where the rare herbs is, can you keep it as a secret?"

Royal guest room

"Woah.." Martha gaped her mouth in awe as they looked at the reward. "Crand shells, it's almost worth than a land." Mryth said as he still not in the mood to be happy. "Is Alas is still talking to the King?" Mryth said worriedly. Martha sit down on the edge of the bed. "Everything will be just fine, okay?" Martha comforted her brother who still nervous. He has never been nervous before, well it shows that he does now. "You trust her too much." Mryth laughed a little. "I'm not scared to die in execution, I'm scared leaving Alas alone."

"So do I." Martha felt what her brother feels, there's this feeling when  they're beside Alas, they somewhat feel safe. Alas don't even know why they're being like that.

"I'm here." Alas walked in and her legs was wobbling. "Alas." Martha rushed to her. "Are you okay?" Martha helped her to walk. Alas has been enduring the pain in her head while talking to the King, so the pain went down to her body but numbness in her legs and her feet was all nothing to her.

"I'm okay, I just feel.." Alas vision slowly turned blur. "Numb."

MEANWHILE

"Sigh." King Havi sighed in exhaustion. "Well, what now?" Hagas looked at him behind Havi's chair.
"You!" Havi stand up and turned around. "Can't you see that I'm having a hard time right now?!"

"No, I can't see anything, at all." Hagas said sarcastically. "You! When will you take the throne, huh?!" Havi looked at his big brother who is just leaning on the wall beside the window. "I will, but I'm still having a good life right now. I believe I can't take the throne that I don't even have a intentions to snatch it away." Hagas said calmly. "I'm just going to sell this fatherland and live a peaceful life." Havi stomped his feet as he walk towards the door.

Then the door open. "What did you say?!" Sicilia said with her hands on her hips and Hambielle was standing there with a smile. "Oh my, mother did you heard father? Sell this fatherland?! Mother isn't that terrible." Hambielle pretended to be sad but really wanted to kick his father out of the throne.

"Oh, Havi." Sicilia rubbed her temples in annoyance. "Guards! Please lock father in his chamber." Hambielle said with a sad face but smiling. Havi just stood there, surprised by his son's words. "You!"

"It's okay father, didn't you want to live a peaceful life? But not as a King? Then I will give it to you." Hambielle said with a sparkle in his eyes, just like a son who is willing to help his father.

"Hambielle!"