CHAPTER SEVEN: THE BUTCHER AND A KILLER

"Greetings, Your Majesty." The man said. Irri just stood there, behind the old man's back. King Agard looked at the boy who have bandages around his face. "Is this the boy you suggested?" King Agard said and raised an eyebrow. "Ah, yes, yes, Your Majesty." The man turned around and mouthed Irri to come forward.

King Agard raised his hand and gestured the man to leave.

"What's your name?"

"I believe I can't tell you that, Your Majesty." Irri smirked under the bandages. "How tough, huh?" King Agard seems to be impressed to how the boy refused to tell his name.

Then the big door open and Tragil walked in. "Your Majesty, you summoned me." Tragil stopped next to the boy. Tragil glanced at the boy and straighten his back. "Ah, yes."

"I want you to go back in the Cressence with this boy." King Agard said. Tragil looked at Irri but Irri avoided his eyes. "You know what to do." King Agard said and Tragil seem to catch up with it. "Don't mean to interrupt, but may I know what is going on?" Irri asks trying to sound confused but inside he was already getting bored and wanted to hang upside down instead. "Follow Tragil, so you can what is going on."

HALLWAY

"What is your name?" Tragil asks as he looked at the boy. "Please just call me anything because I don't have a name." Irri almost laughed because he thinks it's funny to play around. "My son used to say that too." Tragil chuckled.

Flashback

"Ireha! Where are you?" Tragil looked around in the garden. "Boo! I'm a big bad wolf!" Ireha came out from the bushes. "Ah!" Tragil played along and laughed. "Here you are!" Tragil picked him up and hugged him. "Father, you supposed to back away because the wolf might bite you." Ireha said. "It's okay, father is strong."

"What is your name big bad wolf?"

"Please just call me anything because I don't have a name." Ireha giggled and growled.

End of flashback

"Apologies, I was just reminded-"

"Please don't put your family affairs or something in this what mission. Because once I'm done here, I'm going back to my peaceful day."

"Where people won't bother me." Irri added and walked away.

MEANWHILE

"Sigh, I'm going on a trip so stay here and behave yourself." Irri packed his things as talk to Wolf. Wolf is his companionship, he named the wolf Wolf because he's not good at making names. "You got that?" Irri looked at Wolf who is giving him a look. "Don't give me that look or I'll dress your flesh."

Irri is really not into wolves when one of them followed him on the long way.

"Don't see me off."

MADAREL'S OLD PROPERTY LAND

THE OLD CHURCH

"I have just come to my senses." Crazelt said as he stands up from his knees. "What is it Crazelt?" Lohan said. "Say, we've been keeping this church for years." Crazelt turned around and looked at the ceiling that is so high. "Yes." Lohan answered and lowered his head. "And why is that again?" Crazelt said.

"Because the God has given us a message that every fatherland needs us." Lohan said and looked at Crazelt.

"Yes." Crazelt said as he spread his arms and inhaled the smell of the church. "Smell have memories."

"The lost child of Devour."

"Where have you been?"

Crazelt dropped his arms and looked at Lohan. "We shall find the lost child for the sacrificing ceremony."

The Devour is a dangerous being. It brings destruction, a human eater who can burn people just looking at them. Devour is a unknown being who eats human soul by devouring them in the fire. Then the Devour disappeared suddenly. People believe that it always came back after many, many years passed but it never did. As the land started to rise, forming in to mountains and the ground started to build a castle by itself. They call it, a 'new fatherland'.

And this is where it all begins.

Crazelt is looking for the lost child of Devour, so he can offer the soul of the lost child to Devour. Believing that Devour has been sleeping and has been passing to every people it sees but it never fitted. If Devour is part of the person's soul and it doesn't fit or it doesn't want to be connected, it will reject the person and go out of the body with the soul of the person. Sometimes, Devour can be picky. When Devour suddenly disappeared, Devour left a piece of it's part, more like a piece of it's soul in the fatherland. No one knows what is it or who is it, Devour's soul didn't stop rejecting the people's body and just leaving the people die there. When Devour suddenly have come in peace, he successfully got in Alice's body but it didn't last long when Devour suddenly getting weak whenever Alas is always with Alice. It get weaker and weaker as if Alas is absorbing the Devour's soul.

Then a ritual came, Crazelt knew that Alice is not the right lamb. By the time he knew that Alas is the right one, he then suddenly passed the cursed to Alas. Without knowing that it was the biggest mistake for passing the Devour's soul to Alas because Devour's soul cannot be tracked anymore when Alas has it.

Devour's soul starting to fade when Alas took the chance to ruin the war, and then everything started to change.

It suddenly begging for rejection but Alas never listened. Because Alas can't hear what the Devour saying. Alas has been blocking her own senses, smell, taste, hearing, sight, touch, but she sometimes used it. As the chills came down to her spine, it was the message for Alas to reject the Devour's soul but she didn't notice it, instead she pushed herself to the very last end of her strength when she always use the Devour's soul.

But why is Alas is still feeling numb when she is abusing the soul of Devour?

No one knows, nobody know. Even Alas don't know anything.

It's because Alas has became one to Devour's soul.

Thank you for reading and voting for Alas the child 💜💜💜💜🥰

Love you all always 💜💜💜 and stay safe and healthy 💜💜💜💜💜🥰🥰