𝘅𝘃𝗶. lasing.

Chapter 16: drunk.

"I wish I was heather."

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Mayari returned to her family's spot after muttering some spells to heal her drowning wound. She's dressed in beachwear to cover her arms and legs; she couldn't look at the beach the way she used to because all she could remember was that she nearly died and no one saved her.

Every step she takes feels like she's floating in the ocean, attempting to save her life while pleading to heaven for one more life.

She began to hear noises as she got closer to the beach; it was the voice of her family, who sounded happy, and she wondered if they had noticed her absence. But, based on how happy they sounded, she doubted they noticed her disappearance, and she wondered if she hadn't fought for her life awhile ago, would they have found her? Weep for her? Would they noticed that they're incomplete? or continue to be happy while the other is trapped in the ocean of abyss?

May came to a halt when her gaze was drawn to her family, who had just arrived at the sea shore and were surprised to see her dressed in a different outfit. "Darling, there you are," Harry says relievedly as he approached her and wrapped his arm around her waist. "I was worried about where you went; I assumed something bad had happened to you, and I'll never forgive myself for it."

He kissed her on the temple with a soft, delicate kiss. "You didn't tell me you left, everything all right?" His eyes scrutinize her, a worried expression on his face, which she quickly averts.

"Everything is alright."

She's certain he doesn't believe her; even when she's not looking at him, she can tell his emerald eyes were questioning but remained silent. His thumb rubbed soothing circles on the side of her waist as her arm pressed against his chest and his head rested on top of hers; she can feel his heartbeat and wonders if he could feel hers.

"Don't do that again," He pleads.

"Do what?"

"Leaving without saying it to me."

However, as Celine said before, May would tell you she'll leave without saying where she's going or, worse, without saying goodbye.

Martinis, Gin, Rum, Vodka, Whisky, and other muggle alcoholic beverages surround them as they enter the bar in the resort they're staying at; they end the night with alcohol as this type of beverage was never missing in any occasion, especially birthdays.

"What do you want to drink?" Celine questioned May. "Red wine? Rum? Anything?"

"Red wine."

"Alright, be right back."

"Hey, pretty," a voice said into her ear as they wrapped their hands around her waist, which she quickly removed. It's not Harry, and she knows it, even if she didn't face him. It was a random drunk filthy man, not her husband.

She recognizes Harry through his smell, touch, voice, laugh, and presence. His presence made her feel at ease and at home; his delicate touch that sent shivers down her spine; his voice and laugh as soothing as the waves; and his scent that hypnotized her sanity.

"You're going somewhere, pretty?" The voice of a drunk man called her again, and she walked faster--away from him, but he also followed her quickly, making her heartbeat race. She is anxious that if she does not find Harry or any of her family members, this man will harm her.

"Please don't follow me," she begs. "I have a husband; leave me alone and go fuck yourself if you want, but please stop pestering anyone."

"I didn't see your husband."