15• The Drowning Woman

(A/n: my little riddle post obviously alludes to something

(A/n: my little riddle post obviously alludes to something. Don't worry about it too much right now. It's just placed where it needs to be. All the pieces aren't on the board anyhow. It won't ruin your experience if you don't find the hidden stuff. It's not detrimental to your enjoyment if you opt out. It's mainly for people who actually enjoy that sort of thing like I do. Love you guys🖤)

🥀

Dedicated to @BrimstoneRose who requested this book to be updated for her birthday. Happy birthday darling 🖤

Hint: Reread the beginnings of chapter four

🥀

Once upon a time, there was an empty house full of empty people.
T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶

They lived on a hill as empty as the people they drained.
There were no dreams.
There was no champagne.
Only an empty King so very, very vain.
And a deceptive door that led to a place not so empty after all.

🥀

•Rue•

I begin my trek up the stairs, knowing my routine by heart. When the sun rises, I visit mother. When the sun sets, I visit brother. Only brother isn't here anymore.

The grandfather clock I pass ticks rapidly in reverse as I make my way up, the squared spiral leading me to the nesting place of those who cannot handle reality. The clock is still off the mend, moss and algae now joining the fungi in its consumption. I still need to fix that.

As I reach the landing of the second floor, I pause. My head tilts to the right as I stare down the hall of doors. Each leads to a secret, a secret I must keep. Those secrets are becoming harder to contain. The mottled watery blue wallpaper with patches of rotten brown eating at the corners adds a murky deathly touch to our dying house.