Chapter 3 - Tundra Conquest

In a Frostbourne outpost, Hilda, the Shieldmaiden stares at a map of the tundra when Lyria, the new Elytra Corps Captain, landed near her to inform an alarming news...

"My scouts report that the Villager Kingdom is pushing northwest, capturing every small town and village on the way. Their advance isn't stopping anytime soon..."

"Who is leading this attack?"

"They call him... Osbren, a conqueror of the Villager Kingdom."

"Very well. Let's put an end to his happy little conquest."

"But commander! it's too dangerous to face them given our small number. Our outpost is just an obstacle they will easily plow through! Shouldn't we give this place up and regroup with the main army?"

"No. We can't let them push any further, it will endanger our people who have yet to evacuate."

"But commander we don't stand a chance! What if we lose the outpost before they get here?!"

"Don't afraid. I have a contingency plan my dear Lyria. A blizzard is upon us soon. It's our key to turn the tides of war."

"Blizzard?! Commander, I don't get how that's any good for us. If anything, our army will starve or even freeze to death!"

Hilda giggled.

"You have much to learn."

Hilda walked to the stage and looked at the Frostbourne troops below.

"We are the Frostbourne. We've called the snow biomes our home since the dawn of time. The biting cold is our way of life while our oppressors are adapted to the warm who will suffer when the weather becomes freezing. Stare them down as you thrust your weapons into their flesh reminding them that this winter land is not theirs to take."

"Death to the Villager Kingdom!" she shouted as she raised her mace. The soldiers raised their weapons and yelled out. Lyria, motivated, raised her blade too and smiled.

Osbren's perspective

In a Villager Kingdom's outpost within the tundra. Numerous Villager Knights mounted on polar bears march forward as countless lines of Berserker Golems followed from behind. The Conqueror Osbren watched over the army from the outpost tower. A knight emerged from behind.

"Everything has been prepared sir. Our army is yours to command."

"Excellent. Those puny humans don't know what's coming to them..."

Osbren pulled out his diamond falchion from his back.

"Let us show them the terrifying might of the Villager Kingdom!"

The War

Loud roars coild be heard. Hilda spotted the great Villager Army in the distance, the villager knights began dismounting from their polar bear mounts. As the villagers charge at them, upon Hilda's signal, they send a volley of arrows. However, Osbren, grabbing an ender pearl, threw it over the outpost, followed by the polar bears who then killed the archer backlines with their greatswords, shocking Hilda.

As more berserker golems arrive, the Villagers gained the upper hand and devastated the Frostbourne forces.

"Commander, we have to retreat!" Agatha shouted as she struggled to fight a polar bear. Hilda had just knocked down a villager knight.

"Withdraw!"

Upon her command, the soldiers retreated into the forestry, some valiantly stayed back, which are eventually killed. The villagers burnt the Frostbourne banners and the berserker golems roared triumphantly. The Villager Kingdom had successfully claimed the outpost. Osbren saw the remaining humans fled.