𝟙𝟘

so hold my hand I'll walk with you, my dear

little talks - of monsters and men

||❚❚ㅤ▷||

5:39 a.m | the Iwaizumi household | 1 year later

Iwaizumi's POV

"Haijime," Shouyou whispered next to me. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. Our hands laced together beneath the blanket, I could feel our matching rings rub against each other. It's such a satisfying feeling to have your hand intertwined with your lover's...

"Good morning, Shouyou."

I pulled him close and pressed a kiss to his lips. "'Morning... You ready to open the daycare?"

He was sleepy, but he smiled nonetheless, and it was a lovely sight. His hand trailed up my back until he could play with the flyaways of my hair.

"I'm always ready. You look like you're about to fall back asleep, though."

He shook his head, still holding that beautiful smile of his. "Nope, totally awake. Ready to start the day~"

A small fist pump later and his arm fell over me, and Shouyou himself fell back asleep. It worried me a bit. He's been awfully tired this past week or so.

"I'll open up today, you get some rest."

I kissed his forehead and made sure he was comfortable before getting dressed and leaving our shared room.

-----

"S-Sorry, Haijime! I didn't mean to sleep in so late! Oh, God, I'm so sorry!"

Shouyou was panting, he must've run here. It's not... that far though... He usually runs 5 miles no problemo, so why's he so out of breath because of the 1 mile it takes to get here?

I put a hand to his head, he didn't seem feverish. "Uh, Haijime?"

"Are you okay?"

He seemed a bit shocked but laughed it off. "Yeah, just been feeling strange lately. It might be a stomach bug or something. I'll be over it soon."

I tried to remember back when he started getting tired. Shouyou was cooking lunch for all the kids in the meantime. I was prepping drinks. It was quiet in the kitchen since all the kids we were watching were having nap time in the room over.

Let's see, last week... What did we do? We went to the park, did the normal daycare duties, visited Oikawa... What kind of sickness could Shouyou contract in those situations? Ah, unless...

"Haijime, what are you thinking about?"

"Did I hurt you?"

"...What?" Shouyou placed the lid on top of the pot and turned to me with a raised brow. "What do you mean?"