Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Tonight was the premiere of Dark Face. I was sitting in a dark limo next to my manager, Shannon Kores, on my way to the red carpet. This was the first time I had talked to her in person since I left and let's just say, sometimes I liked her better over the phone.

"Rory, are you listening? We're meeting up with Andrew Stamm just before we get to the red carpet. Felic is very interested in seeing how the public will react to you and Andrew coming together to this event."

Andrew Stamm. My closest friend in the movie industry. Although I've only ever acted beside him once (and I had one line), we hit it off instantly. I'm sure if I was more involved in movies and TV shows, we would be even closer. I had texted him a couple of times while in Texas, but our schedules were always too weird to actually hang out.

I don't know why Felic would want us to be seen together. Unless...

"Is Andrew up for the lead male role?"

"No, he already has it. That's why Felic is putting you too together for this premiere. Andrew already made an appearance with Selene at the Charity for Children event. The feedback was pretty even, but Selene is a great actress so this didn't hurt her chances."

Selene Dorwick. Some call her a teenage prodigy, but I call her a venomous snake. Sure she was the female version of Johnny Depp, meaning she could play any role put before her, but that's only because her entire life is an act. Only a select few have been able to see the inner beauty (note the sarcasm) of Selene Dorwick.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Rory, if you want this role, you're really going to have to work for it. Not only is Selene a great actress, but she has experience, something you lack, unfortunately. But you are a new face and if I know Felic Cassano, I know that he would love to be the one responsible for 'making' a new actress."

"But I'm not new. I've done this before," I whined, staring out of the window at the lights of the passing cars.

"Experience," Shannon reminded me. "Experience is everything. Now lets review once more over what you will be asked."

I groaned again, "Mom already drilled me twice this morning. I think I have a pretty firm grip on what I'm supposed to say."

"Well, you know what they say. Third times a charm," Shannon smirked at me and I knew there was no more arguing.

Luckily, my phone started ringing with an incoming FaceTime from Jo.

"I face to take this," I smiled, relieved of the timing.

I pressed the answer button and watched as four excited faces popped into view.

Their voices all sounded over each other as two said how much they missed me and the other two commented on how beautiful I look.

"Aww, I miss you guys too. And thank you. Its Elle Saab," I bragged, posing for dramatic effect.

Tonight, I was wearing a gorgeous red dress with little flowers all over it and pockets! I love pocket dresses.

"So I guess you're on your way to the Dark Face premiere," Grace asked.

"I am," I answered, "But I won't tell you guys what happens. You'll have to wait and go see it for yourselves when it comes out."

"Fair enough. Are any big name celebrities suppose to be there? You know, besides you," Jo asked, pushing a piece of dirty blonde hair behind her ear.

"Well, I'm meeting up Andrew Stamm in a few minutes-"

"Andrew Stamm," They all squealed and simultaneously sighed.