Chapter 13

Morning came, the sun rays from the window hit Irene's face that caused her to wake up. She squinted her eyes as she tried to scan the room she is in. It was a different room. The walls were made of oak wood, the ceiling was well maintained despite that no one has been there for a long time, she stretched her body and felt the texture of the blanket, it was a simple white blanket but it was obviously expensive. Jennie never failed to amaze her, Irene chuckled.

Her stomach growled and she realized that she never had dinner because of the incident last night. Therefore, she stood up and fixed herself and went out her room.

She went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast but was surprised when Lisa was already there, she was done making breakfast for the two of them.

Lisa noticed Irene's presence and she acknowledged it. "Oh you're awake, good morning"

"Good morning"

Lisa gestured Irene to take a sit.

"Well, what do we have here?" said Irene.

"Only what's available, I'm not a good cook so I dare you not to expect much, or even anything" Lisa chuckled.

"It looks great, I'm a good judge of character"

"I hope that also applies on food"

"Lisa, this is literally a pork and beans, bread, and an egg. Stop being dramatic" she chuckled.

Irene took a bite and was surprised on the taste, her reaction was written on her face.

"Well????" asked Lisa.

"It tastes.......... Exactly like how a pork and beans and an egg should taste like"

Both of them laughed and continued eating.

"By the way" said Irene after chewing her food "I went to bed first last night right? And I woke up in the middle of the night but you weren't beside me"

"And?"

"What do you mean and? I'm asking where did you go?"

Lisa laughed at Irene "do you want me to sleep beside you?"

"Of course, I don't want you sleeping on the floor or couch, that's the only comfortable place to sleep"

Lisa laughed again that made Irene annoyed.

"The way you laugh offends me" said Irene.

"Forgive me, Ms Bae. But you are probably not aware"

Irene stared at her and gestured her to continue.

"There are two rooms, the other one is at the back" said Lisa "but, if you insist. Your wish is my command"

Irene's eyebrow met and she squinted. There's room at the back? She asked herself. Feeling embarrassed, she continued to eat not sparing a glance at the woman in front of her.

"Come on" said Lisa "I do not mean it, it was just a joke"

Irene ignored her and continued sulking.

"I apologize, okay? I won't sleep beside you, need not to worry about that"

"But---"

"I am a good person I believe. You can lock your door if you want"

"There's no need for that, but if I may suggest----"

"Oh........ Yes, you can use the bathroom anytime, but we have to fetch water on---"

Irene rolled her eyes.

"What was that? What is  behavior?" asked Lisa.

"You're a fool"

"Excuse me?"