1. Arrival

Summary: Y/n found herself arriving in somewhere place that is almost unknown to her, despite still being in Japan. Feeling lost and anxiety after remembering everything that happened, Y/n is desperate to survive in this new world and somehow find a way back to her family and duties; if there exist a way.

Word count: 2400
Published: 15/3/2022
Update: 16/3/2022

___________________________________________

(Y/n) feels her body were multiple times heavier than usual as her back was pressed against the soft earth, her haori dirtied by muds. The cold atmosphere was prickling on her skin and she felt her spine freeze by the coldness of the air. Her eyelids were too heavy and the voices in her head were pulling her back to sleep.

As a demon hunter, however, her desires and self-needs comes at last when her instincts are telling her to

wake up

because this

is not the time to be sleeping.

Groaning in pain, (Y/n)'s face were twisted in pain as she bites back herself from complaining at the aches all over her body. She is still stuck somewhere between the land of unconscious and the brutal reality.

Finally regaining full control over her mind as she placed herself back on the straight lines, (Y/n) clutch her head, eubbing both hands on each temple hoping to ease the pain. Her fingertips were icy-cold and her breath ragged. Sweat soaked through her uniform, but the night helps cool her down.

Y/n tries to get herself together, breathing in and out to calm herself. She opens her eyes once again, now focusing on her surroundings. The only safe assumption to make is that it's night, and she doesn't know where she is. The grass poking her legs were uncomfortable and there were barely visible water streaming some meters away in front of her.

Her surroundings were too dark for her to focus, but she took in the view of a high story building, flashes of lights that seems to almost cover the place in jewelry. The teen let out a small sound of gasp, mouth hanging open.

She could not believe her eyes. This could not possibly be Tokyo. How could she have travelled so far?

The familiar headache came running again into her head, triggering the memories that seemed to come back. It came back in a painful agony, a fact that she refused to settle with.

Because she remembered now.

She was devoured by Kibutsuji.

That damned demon.

Kagaya had tasked her on a mission somewhere far into the woods, and Y/n went there just like every other mission she'd accomplished in the past. But it did not turn out well.

Seriously no one was expecting the crow to describe him as Muzan himself. Her heart almost jumped from her throat at the sight of him because (Y/n) knew at those exact moment that she could not win. It's merely impossible. Of course, only a fool would come down charging an attack on him even after knowing who he is.

So (Y/n) stood, rooted to the spot, feeling so little. So vulnerable, for the first time in her life.

Tanjiro's voice came rushing back to her, and it acts as a reminder. Tanjiro did not backed away. Kagaya said Tamayo had described so in the letters. No, he did not let the cowardice get the better of him and took on Muzan himself. He was ready to fight, to wield his sword, and to faced the enemy.

(Y/n) charged with her sun breathing.

She did not miss the look of horror that befall on his face upon her attack.