4. Begin

Summary: After a little interrogation, Y/n had decided to live with Watari and Ryuzaki for the time being. Sweets, cellphone, technologies? Y/n wants to learn more! And the taskforce are soon to have an encounter with her.

Word count: 1800
Published: 3/4/2022
Update: 3/4/2022

____________________

"Are you L?"

His question were returned with another question.

He stared back with tired eyes.

Y/n loosen her excitement, now she got her answer. He was, indeed, L. The scent was telling off almost everything.

"Nevermind. No worries, I won't tell anyone about it." Y/n tried to convince them. But in truth, she does feel quite surprised now that she confirmed the men she had spent some time staring at her was actually the world's greatest detective; in charge of the Kira case.

Between her and Watari, there was an unspoken understanding that he had somehow spark a glint of trust inside her. On the other hand, the detective was odd just as much as her. Nonetheless, the wall between them were slowly begin to harden and getting higher. The discussion only seemed to make it worse.

At first, small part of her were expecting a little more amusing reaction from them. But they weren't as shock as she expected. Their expression does seems surprised and less panicked. The curiosity and interest doubled, though.

"From now on, things are to go quite interesting. I look forward to it, Hanako-san."
____________________

Life with Watari and Ryuzaki wasn't as bad as she think. Y/n thought the detective might interrogate her deeper to the point she had to spill everything about her life, but he was also too focused to the Kira case. The detective lives up to his name, she thought.

Watari had left the two of them since he had to be with the taskforce to help them communicate with Ryuzaki without meeting him face to face. Y/n were impressed at how much technology had gone so far. Some of them made her realize, her death must have long past in this timeline.

Ryuzaki sat before the screen in his crouching position, his eyes barely blinked. A plate of cake placed beside him, a dessert that you never once had a taste in your life.

He suddenly turn off his mic and turn to her. "You can have the food on the table. Watari prepared it."

Y/n follow the direction of his eyes, and spotted a plate of sweets on the desk. So that's where this sweet scent come from. At first she thought it was prepared for the detective himself, but her face lighten up at that statement as he turn his attention back to the screen.

She took the first bite of what they referred as 'cupcake'. Almost immediately, the flavour spread through her mouth, the taste of sweetness she had never experienced before and taking her time to feel the savoury.

"It's so sweet!" She exclaimed.

His gaze strode towards her, dark orb eyes trained along those bright expression. "Is this your first time eating cupcakes?"

"Mm-hm!" Other than the time before she arrived in this timeline, Y/n had not spared a single glance to herself despite leaving out her meals for days. Now she has the time for herself to relax; it almost felt like a vacation.

Although he might not going to admit it, Ryuzaki was quite intrigued. She was foreign to this modern era and has yet a lot to learn; upon looking at the girl's reaction to a cupcake.

"What else are there in your time?" The girl ask in wonder, her hopes high. Oh, just imagine all those different types of food or advance technology that she might never encounter ever again in her life once lost this chance.