09 | Arty

April | Dear Diary,

Andy asked me on a proper date. I asked his age–He's only 18, that's not so bad–in return and decided to follow Tommy on a trip to London so I can figure out if he's affiliated to any... enemies of the Peaky Blinders. Perhaps I should have done this before I fell for his pretty face. And his beautiful words. God his words have me strung up.

I've never met such a poetic person. I don't think I could ever meet someone more poetic. I want to kiss him on the mouth.

I will write again after the date. Must find Sylvia and tell her where I am going just in case. Must also bribe Fawnie again. Maybe I'll ask her to talk to Tommy about getting me some money. I'll say it's for Arty's birthday. But only use a small amount so I can actually get him a present. No one ever gets Arthur presents.

Fawn said "Tommy's mean to me, Freddy."

And I ignored it because he gives her everything she wants but she doesn't realize. Tommy can be a bit cold but that's because France stole him from us. I remember how sweet he was. I doubt Fawnie does. She only knows the arsehole who replaced him.

AFTER THE DATE!! | Dear Diary!

We kissed and it was magical. He was so soft and kind, kept asking if it was alright and I got so impatient I pulled him onto me like a madwoman. But he didn't seem to mind at all. I knocked my forehead into his before we got it right.

Then we laughed about it and left for a walk. It was quite sweet. He walked me to the Garrison before I told him I had to go. Then he kissed me again.

We went to dinner at some fancy place, it's French I think. The Chalamay? Met? I'm not sure. Sylvia's long name is Sylvette, but it's said as Sil vay? So maybe it's Chalamette? Hm. The man acted funny when he served us. He kept staring at me but Andy told me to not worry, it'd be ok. And it was! : )

When I snuck into my window little Fawnie was in my bed, cradling her stuffed animal to her chest. She was crying, I felt so bad that I let her sleep with me. With her tiny little voice she said how she had a night terror of me dying and I told her not to worry.

"I'm okay, dear. Look, I'm alive and well, better than well actually. You can have a bit of that birthday money so we can both get Arty something pretty, eh?"

She cheered up after that.