Ramshackle and Acquaintances

The dorm looked abandoned. It was also really run down. It was dirty and there were cobwebs everywhere. Not that I minded, Ive gotten used to living like this. Sir Crowley had said that I needed to earn my keep, and I agreed to it. As long as I get to eat normal food and sleep in a normal room, I will do anything to achieve it. He said that he will be back with the food and that I should get ready for bed as it was pretty late at night. Dont get me wrong, I dont trust him. Again, I made a vow to myself and the only reason I listened to him was for my own benefit, you can never trust anyone, especially not someone from another world. It was raining. I hated rain. The water used to always seep into the basement whenever it rained and we always had to move to a corner so that the water wouldnt reach us. Then again, I also thanked the rain since it was usually our only source of water.

"Fwah, its really raining hard out there." I heard a familiar voice rush into the house. It was the cat that was thrown out of orientation. I actually felt bad for it. I know what its like to be thrown out of somewhere, but I definitely cant forgive how it caused trouble during orientation. "Huh? W-Wha?! Why are you here?!" The cat yelled in surprise. Im not sure how he didnt see me, afterall, Ive been standing near the entrance the moment I arrived with Sir Crowley.

"Sir Crowley gave me permission to use this house temporarily. My name is Mylo, but you can call me Lo. How about you?" I explained. The cat went on saying how he was going to be the greatest magician of all time and went on gloating about his skills and abilities. I decided to not question him and just listen to him when suddenly I heard eerie voices. The voices panned from left to right until finally the source of those voices popped out.

"Yee hee hee Bwahahahahah!"

"We havent had visitors in ages!"

"Oh, Im just itchin for new friends!" Three voices spoke. I turned to seeGHOSTS?! I know that mother used to tell me stories of ghosts, but she never said that they were real! On another note, they dont seem as scary as mother used to describe them as some horrific monster. I didnt show them that I was maybe a bit scared as this is my first time seeing ghosts, but Grim on the other handhe was screaming his lungs out and started to blow fire everywhere. I never mentioned this before, did I? But I absolutely hate fire. How sad, knowing that my family cherishes fire to keep ourselves warm, but I still hate it, it causes more harm than it does good.

The ghosts kept on dodging Grims advances and I backed myself into a corner. Ive already been through too much today, I dont want to go through another conflict again. Tired of this, I forced Grim to work together. In return, Ill give him a can of tuna, not that I can ever afford one, although I could find a way to get my hands on one.

In the end, we defeated the ghosts and I was absolutely tired. I couldnt hold myself up anymore and plopped myself on the ground in exhaustion. Sir Crowley sure is taking his time with food. Yeah, he wont be coming back, I know he wont. Hes too busy talking about how gracious he is to even notice anyone else. I was starting to fallasleep? When suddenly a ghost woke me up.

"Young miss, wake up." The chubby ghost had said to me. As much as I tried to get up, I couldnt. I was way too tired for anything. The ghost signaled to his friends.

"Oh dear, shes tired." The tall ghost had said.

"Lets prepare her for bed then." The shorter ghost said. They all agreed and put me on the only seat they could find suitable for a girl to sit in, telling me to wait there. Grim looked flabbergasted.

"Hwuh?! How come you're helping her now?!" He complained. One moment they were trying to fight us, the next moment they were helping me. The chubby ghost turned his head back and smiled a gentlemanly smile.

"We may be ghosts that like to trick others, but that doesnt mean that we still dont have good morals. This girl is still very young, she was about to faint just now." Oh, so thats what it was. I was about to faint, no wonder that sleeping sensation felt so familiar. I waited for a few minutes as the ghosts went away. I wonder what theyre up to now.