#3 - Learn, to love

The next day, Amber finds herself returning from a trip to the closest vending machine, holding two cups of freshly brewed discount coffee. She and Lumine had promised to help each other study for the upcoming test next week, although both of them knew their study session would result into girl talk anyway.

Still, it was worth a try and definitely a lot easier to endure than having to stare at seemingly endless rows of text on your own. Just as the cups of coffee started to slowly get too hot to hold in her hands for much longer, their lifespan was cut short as Amber stumbled over the person running into her.

On the ground but luckily safe from the steaming beverages last wrath seeping into the pavement, Amber looked up to spot a hand reaching out to her and a very apologetic person attached to it.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Bennett leaned over, still on his scratched knees himself. Amber took his hand and they pulled each other up.

"It's fine, don't worry! If anything, it looks like you took more damage than I did."

Amber glanced at Bennetts knees which looked like a bloody battlefield after 30 years of war. For some reason, Bennett had the right size of bandaid on him and started treating his wounds while continueing the conversation as if his injuries were just another part of his day.

"Don't mind me, I'm used to this! I'll pay you back for the coffee though..."

Numbers started floating in Ambers head before they were outshined by a truly magnificent idea, if Amber would say so herself. With a smirk that wasn't subtle enough for Bennett to notice, she suggested something he would never have expected.

"How about you do me a favor instead? You see, I was supposed to help Lumine study, but I just really don't want to learn anything today. What do you say, you go help her study and I'll forget about the coffee?"

It was a truly unfair deal, but knowing Bennetts apologetic nature Amber was sure she could trick him into going anyway. Though all that Bennett took from that suggestion was a chance to make a new friend.

"Yes!! I would love to!"

He replied, a bit too energetic for sure. He couldn't help it, it has been too long since he has been invited by anyone other than Razor. Even if it was an invitation by proxy.

"Oh, alright then! I'll text her, she's waiting on me right now, so it's best you get going immediately. Thank you~"

Amber giggled, filled with glee over how smooth her plan worked, almost too smooth even. But her goal was achieved and Lumine was in for a big surprise. It made it worth spilling the coffee.

Leaving her on read to wave with her phone, Amber signaled Bennett that Lumine had been informed of, well,  an arrival

Leaving her on read to wave with her phone, Amber signaled Bennett that Lumine had been informed of, well, an arrival.

        •-----------»⧼✦⧽«-----------•