𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬?

There was tension throughout the air of the Great Hall as Professor Minerva McGonagall led a group of first years into the Great Hall, many of them looked up at the ceiling in amazement and excitement, some of them were trembling out of fear or beaming in pride. An eleven years old amongst them didn't seem fazed when he lifted his head up to see the bewitched ceiling with his grey-blue eyes.

"Do you know it's bewitched?" Silas Arden-Hayes turned his head and asked the boy from his right side. He looked rather startled, not expecting him to be saying anything, due to his silence throughout the whole journey of the train and the boat.

Processing what Silas had told him, he shook his head and looked up at the ceiling again while staying within the group. "Well, according to Hogwarts: A History, the ceiling in the Great Hall is bewitched to look like the sky outside. It could have fooled anyone to think that it was the actual sky but it really isn't," he informed the black haired boy who was looking at him with his eyes widened slightly at the information, but he didn't dare to question the boy any further and narrowed his eyes at him when Silas lended his hand out for him to shake.

Silas noticed this and retracted his hand, deciding not to continue his conversation with the boy, knowing fully well that the boy thought that he was a muggleborn, and instead, paid attention to Professor McGonagall who brought out a long parchment and an old dirty hat- a hat Silas recognized as the Sorting Hat.

"When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses," Professor McGonagall informed them, before her eyes went to the parchment in her hand and read the first name written there, "Darius Avery,"

The boy standing beside Silas went up to the stool with a small but cocky smirk on his face. Silas, who was watching after him, rolled his eyes and knew exactly which house the rude bastard was going to get.

"SLYTHERIN!" The Sorting Hat announced, bringing a round of applause from the Slytherin table. Darius Avery looked as pleased as the other students at the Slytherin table and walked off to them, some of the older students congratulating him and saying how he continued to bring honor to his family.

Silas looked at them in annoyance, but paid attention to Professor McGonagall when she looked at the parchment again and called out another name. This time, it was a name he was not familar with, "Lily Evans."

Evans? Silas furrowed his eyebrow in confusion. He has never heard of that surname before and he's familiar with every known pureblood families there is, even the Weasleys and the Prewetts.

He watched as a young girl with beautiful long red hair walked up nervously to the stool and sat down on it. Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on her and he mumbled a few words that Silas couldn't hear, but he didn't need to know the details when the hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!" and it confirmed Silas's suspicion that she was a muggleborn.

The students at the Gryffindor table clapped and cheered for her. She beamed in delight and walked to the table, but not before giving a sad smile to a greasy black haired boy behind Silas. He was looking quite unhappy, and watched as she associated herself with the older students in Gryffindor. "Hello, i'm Lily Evans," he heard her say with a smile, shaking their hands.

Silas felt pity for the boy, deducing that she was his friend and wanted to say something, but was interrupted when Professor McGonagall called out his name.

"Silas Arden-Hayes," she said, making the boy with black hair turn forward.

Silas stepped out of the group and walked up to the stool as whispers began to erupt in the Great Hall, everyone looking at him with curious and judging eyes. Lily Evans was one of the few students who was not staring at him, but she looked around the other students with a confused expression on her face, wondering why they were all suddenly whispering when this boy's name was called out. She directed her eyes to him and paid close attention when Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on his head.

"Odd," was the first thing the Sorting Hat said, which made Silas resist the urge to look up and give the hat a look. "You are intelligent like your mother and seem to have a wide and open mind but Ravenclaw won't suit you very much. You are loyal but Hufflepuff won't suit you either. Hmm.. you have the qualities of a Gryffindor. Not afraid to speak your mind about anything and brave, very brave indeed," Silas frowned at the last part, not wanting to be put into Gryffindor for various of reasons, but his frown was replaced with a grin when it continued, "Gryffindor, however, isn't the suitable house for your cunningness, so better be... SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherin table gave a round of applause for Silas as he walked to the Slytherin table and shook the hand of Slytherin's prefect, this year being Lucius Malfoy who was giving him a smile of approval. He didn't really like it because of the way Lucius was giving the smile to Silas- he was acting as if he needed an approval from him. Silas, of course, doesn't give two galleons of a wizard like Lucius Malfoy's approval and dismissed his creepy smile, although it was a little hard to do.

"Welcome to Slytherin, Arden-Hayes. Your father will be more than pleased to know that you are in Slytherin and not in Ravenclaw just like your... mother," he hesitated in the middle of his sentence when he received a warning glare from the first year. "Cheer up, it's supposed to be a good time for you," was what Lucius decided to end the conversation with and gestured for Silas to sit beside Avery who was still wearing a proud smile on his face. He ignored Avery and instead sat across him, which made him frown but he quickly hid it and faked a smile.

"I'm Avery, Darius Avery," Avery lended his hand out for Silas to shake but he only stared at his hand with a judging look and Avery immediately knew of his mistake.

"I apologize for mistaking you to be a mudblood-"

"Muggleborn," Silas corrected him sharply.

Avery nodded. "I meant muggleborn. I apologize for mistaking you to be a muggleborn," he reluctantly apologized to Silas, not used to saying the word 'muggleborn' with other wizards.

Silas just shook his head and faced to the front as Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on another girl from the group into Hufflepuff. "Just don't do it again," he told Avery, without looking at him. Suddenly feeling an odd sensation that someone was watching him, his eyes went to the direction of where he was getting this feeling from and saw the red haired muggleborn girl in Gryffindor, Lily Evans, staring at him with her lovely doe eyes. He didn't think much of it and shrugged her off, looking back to Professor McGonagall, with no knowledge of what the future has in store for him with that girl.