𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢

Six years later, a teenage Silas Arden-Hayes stood patiently at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, his muscular frame subtly hinting at the physical strength that had developed over the years. He was slightly taller than before, a quiet testament to the emergence of adulthood. His dark brown hair, styled with a casual yet deliberate flair, swayed gently in the crisp breeze.

Silas's grey-blue eyes, reminiscent of his father's, were fixed on the railings of the train, holding a quiet intensity that seemed to conceal a wealth of thoughts. The bustling crowd around him faded into the background as he focused on the familiar scene before him. The platform noises, the distant hum of conversations, all seemed distant as Silas waited, lost in his own thoughts.

A tall figure approached Silas from behind, his piercing grey-blue eyes studying his son's uncharacteristic behaviour. The man moved silently, purposefully, until he stood beside Silas. "Silas, a few of your friends have arrived, would you like to go and greet them?" Damian Hayes asked, his voice filled with a mix of concern and encouragement. However, his words earned only a small glance from his son.

Damian narrowed his eyes, a subtle furrow forming on his forehead as he assessed the quiet standoff. He attempted to get a response, adding, "It would be quite rude not to do so. Mrs. Crouch enjoys your presence and she has brought several gifts for you from their trip to Italy."

Silas reluctantly continued to face the front, his arms now crossed, and his right foot tapping on the hard ground of the station as he tried his best to ignore Damian. The ambient noises of the bustling platform seemed to amplify in the awkward silence between father and son.

"It's also rude to ignore everything your father is saying," Damian's stern tone cut through the air, a warning for Silas not to test his patience.

However, minutes passed without Silas offering a response, and Damian sighed, recognizing the source of his son's frustration. "Silas, it is perfectly normal for you to have a conversation with your parents about your engagement. It was bound to happen eventually, and I had mine when I was fourteen with my own father."

Silas snorted at his father's attempt to rationalise the situation, finally turning his body to face him, shooting a glare in Damian's direction. "And you think that justifies the things mother did to find me a bride during the summer? We agreed that I was not to be engaged until after I finished my education!" The frustration in Silas's voice was evident, a mixture of defiance and resentment against the pressure imposed on him, the tension between father and son hung heavy.

Damian wore an irritated expression, frustration evident not only with Silas but also directed at his own wife's actions. "Silas, you're still going to be engaged after you finish your final year. Your mother and I were still in the midst of discussions, and I had no knowledge she was actively searching for a bride until you told me about it," Damian acknowledged his wife's mistake to Silas. "However, you must understand that your mother was doing that in an attempt to gain more knowledge about your preferences, although her method is considered to be a little... unorthodox."

Before Silas could make a remark, he was abruptly cut off by the sound of horns and whistles, signalling the imminent arrival of the Hogwarts Express. The unexpected interruption shifted their attention from the tense conversation to the bustling platform, where students hurriedly gathered their belongings, eager to board the magical train.

Right on time. Silas thought to himself, a wave of relief washing over him. Without hesitation, he swiftly boarded the train as it finally came to a stop and pulled up at the station. "It was nice having this conversation with you," he waved at Damian, who looked notably unamused by his nonchalant demeanour.

"Do not think we're finished with this conversation, Silas," Damian glared at him.

"Well, I am, so goodbye for now, Father," Silas cut off any further response as he disappeared into the train, leaving Damian behind on the platform. The compartment door closed behind him and Silas vanished from his father's sight the moment he bid his goodbye.