Two "women" in love

A/n The reader in this story is feminine but still uses they/them pronouns. You can all imagine this as a world where there are plants everywhere, no wifi and so on. But i will leave it up to you. Also the character has short brown hair in a bob like haircut and is 5'5 (170cm). They are both 17.
This was a dream i had some time ago.

I open my eyes to my beautiful room at my friends house. I open the window which is positioned right next to a giant tree. I look at the view. There are lots of houses eveywhere making the town look even prettier then it was before.

Never in a million years would i think this is where i would end up, but look at me. Happy. I go down the stairs to meet my friend. We both know we like each other hell maybe even love, but it could never work. Two "women" in love could never work. At least that's what everyone would tell us.

Me and Sai get dressed. She put a really pretty dress on, she looks like a princess. With a skirt that has enough layers to make her dress look puffy but not so many to the point of her being uncomfortable. I had a yellow dress on (imagine belle from beauty and the beast but lighter yellow and less puffy). We head out to school. Our school was huge. A large yellowish building with Ivy all over it. Huge windows making every single room fully lit up all throughout the day, wooden doors creaking just loud enough to set the vibe even better and plants everywhere (basically a mix between royalty and cottagecore aesthetic).

The school day passed like always. A lot of cheesy love notes and pick-up lines between me and Sai but nothing unusual. After school we decide to go flower picking. As we sit in the field i can't help but admire her. Damn why can't I just be a boy? We could be happy. She looked at me with love in her eyes and leaned in closer with a faint smile. I looked at her eyes then her lips. I leaned in too, but before our lips could touch i whispered "Are you sure you want to do this? Two women shouldn't be in love."

"But you're not a woman" she whispered back and closed the gap. I got goosebumps all over my body. This was all i ever dreamed about if not more. The kiss didn't last long but that didn't matter, all that mattered was that we were here, together. Probably not forever but that's a problem for future me.

The next month we got bolder and bolder with our actions. We held hands, which always earned weird stares in the hallways, hugged all the time, basically couple things, except it was between two "girls". One day we were dancing together in the garden singing some songs, the other we ran through the forest held in hand we even went to look at the stars together. We were inseparable and we knew that, but not everyone thought we would make it, including her mother. She never called her mom, they didn't have a strong bond.

I woke up opening the window and climbing onto the tree. Me and Sai had made a treehouse there for when we wanted to be alone. Well not completely alone. When we wanted to be together alone. Today isn't one of those days though, so i jump off of the tree and start picking strawberries to have for breakfast into my hat. After a few minutes my hat was full, so i stand up and head to the garden door. I hear yelling so i put my hat full of strawberries on a bench and reach my hand for the handle to open the door.

My hand doesn't even reach the handle when the door busts open by none other then Sai. She is furious. Her mother trailing right behind her. Sai grabs my hand and is leading me off to somewhere but her mother grabs my arm and digs her nails into my skin so hard i let out a whimper. Sai turns around even more furious then before, if that was even possible.

"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND I LOVE THEM MOTHER! MORE THEN I EVER LOVED YOU, YOU ARE NOT RUINING THIS FOR ME!" She looks over to me gaze immediately softens. Her mother scoffs. "Are you going to make out with her in front of me too!?" "Them, mother. And you know what? Gladly."

She puts her hands on my waist and without giving me time to think she kisses me. I put my hands around her neck and pull her towards me more. She then breaks the kiss and whispers into my ear "Run."

And we both take off with nothing but each other, content.

~Noan