Umbrella boy & spins

I just sat down and wrote to make myself happy :)

I sat up from my computer. After four hours of coding i thought it would be nice to go for a walk. I changed out of my sweatpants into black jeans because that's the only thing i wear at this point and put a hoodie on because it's autumn/fall aka the perfect season for hoodies.

I don't even bother checking the weather forecast because if it says it will rain it won't and if it says it won't it will. I put my black leather boots on and put my keys on my belt after locking the door and double checking it. I put my happy playlist on and just spin around randomly while walking the busy streets. I always love the weird stares you just know those people never experienced what you are experiencing right now.

After about an hour of sometimes going into the shops knowing full well i don't have any money on me and starting random conversations with strangers it starts to rain. Well more like pouring but that won't stop me.

On top of the world by Imagine Dragons starts playing and as the streets slowly become empty i start singing because it's my favorite way to express and keep my happiness. The chorus comes and i start spinning in my place closing my eyes for extra comfort. My airpods almost completely blocking out almost all the noise from outside.

'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey
I'm on top of the world, 'ey
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I've been waiting to smile, 'ey
Been holding it in for a while, 'ey
Take it with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I'm on top of the world

I suddenly stop feeling droplets fall onto my face and i slowly open my eyes I see a beautiful guy with curly ish brown hair, around 5'5 holding an umbrella over me. "Thank you" i say as i offer him one of my airpods. I look at his eyes they had blue, grey, green and maybe even more colours. Without holding back i said "You are really pretty!" He smiled and replied "Thank you" in a heart warming tone.

The Nights by Avicii started playing
I start quietly singing, he soon joined and when the chorus rolled around we were both yelling the lyrics.
We said:

"One day you'll leave this world behind
So live a life you will remember"
My father told me when I was just a child
"These are the nights that never die"

I started randomly jumping around and after a bit he held my hand and spined me around. As the song ended I asked him for his number and he gave it to me along with his umbrella. As he was leaving i asked one more question "What's your name?" He replied "Call me umbrella boy" and left.

I went back home and texted him. We chatted for a bit while I ate a late dinner and actually got to know each other names. His name was Toby.

It was ten o'clock so i decided this is a good time to end my day. I showered, brushed my teeth and opened my three word journal. The only three words that came to mind were umbrella boy & spins.

~Noan