Chapter 10: WEEKEND ADVENTURE Part 1

A/N: Hi guys! Thanks to a certain reader pressuring me to update, I have sorta started to get back in the swing of things!
T

hank you, iwillkidnapyou2
Also, I'm introducing a new character in this chapter! Maybe even a few!

(Y/N) POV

"Nana, I'm home!" I called through the house as I stepped through the front door, dropping my bag by the coat rack.
"Welcome back, (Y/N). Who was that with you outside? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but were you... flying? On a giant paintbrush? Or am I getting too old?" My grandma, Edith, asked with a worried tone in her voice.
"That's Ink, he's my new classmate. And yes, you saw correctly, I'm guessing that when the monsters came back to the surface they brought back some magic with them. I'll be honest I didn't believe it at first either." I explained.
"Oh, I see. It's nice to know that they're back and already getting along with humans. I can't imagine how hectic it could be if there was tension between the monsters and us." She said.
I smiled at her small speech of inclusion, then asked her if I could go somewhere with a friend tomorrow.

"Hey Nana, would I actually be able to go somewhere with Ink tomorrow?" I asked, hoping that we wouldn't have anywhere else to be.
"I would like to meet him before you go off, and know where you're going, but as long as it doesn't seem... oh what's the word you use nowadays? Sketchy?
If it's not too sketchy then yes, you may." She declared with confidence.
"Thanks Nana." I smiled
"Of course. Now, what do you say we have dinner? I made your favorite desert too, since you mentioned the first week of break being tough on you." She suggested, gesturing towards the table
"Sounds great, thanks again!" I exclaimed as we sat down to eat.

Time skip brought to you by: Nana's Cooking™️
#notsponsored
~°{The Next Day}°~

(Y/N) POV

I woke up to hear a tapping sound on my window. I thought nothing of it, assuming it was just a bird or something. Unfortunately for me, the tapping persisted, so I walked up to the curtains to open them and scare away whatever was tapping. However, the thing on the other side had an uno reverse card up it's sleeve...

"WOAHDGJAHHH" I exclaimed, falling to the floor in surprise.

There, outside of my window, was Ink. He stood on his flying brush with a smug grin from the victory of spooking me.

I opened the window so he could come in instead of just float there ominously.

"Do you need something?" I asked
"Yeah, you." He replied cooly

I nearly choked on my spit
"Pardon?!"
"We're going out today, remember?"
"..... oh yeah."
"You weren't thinking of something else, were you?" He asked, grinning slightly.
"No, and anyway I'm not ready to go." I stated, gesturing at my frazzled, bed-headed, still-in-pajamas self.
"Riiight." He said, looking me up and down.

I shifted under his gaze, feeling a bit odd.
"Out!" I dragged him to my door and pushed him out into the hallway so I could get ready.
I changed into a white tank top under a (f/c) sweatshirt with pockets and some black shorts. Then I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth before heading back out to get him from the hallway.

However, when I opened the door, he wasn't there. I heard some voices from downstairs and figured that he was talking to Nana. My suspicions we're proved true when I walked downstairs to the kitchen and found him sitting at the table across from her. I walked in and sat down with them.
"Hello (Y/N), would you two like some breakfast before you go?" She asked us
I said I would, since I hadn't eaten yet, and Ink agreed to have something too.

After asking him about any food allergies, she decided to make a fruit mix and some pancakes (gluten free if you're allergic to it). When she was finished cooking, she sat down with us and we all had breakfast while discussing where we'd go today.

Time skip brought to you by: Nana's Cooking™️
#notsponsored #again
~°{The Next Day}°~

"Thanks Nana!" I said, walking out the door. Ink and I had decided to start the day by going to an AU that he called 'Underswap'. I was excited to see what it would be like and who we might meet.
"So how do we get there?" I asked
He simply chuckled and put a bunch of what seemed to be paint all over the ground.
"Uh, Ink? Wha-" But I couldn't finish my sentence, as he grabbed my hand and jumped into the puddle of maybe-paint.

A/N: Well, well, well, they finally update the story. Also, I know they the swap au is pretty basic for these fics, but I've got something special planned with another AU later in the story. I'm actually pretty pleased with how this chapter turned out.
See you in the next one, simps! ~ Author