Chapter 9: Making Plans

A/N: I want to properly apologize for both the inconsistent writing style, plot, and updating schedule, I've had this story out there since sixth grade, so like four years I think. Anyway, to try and make up for that, over this week I'll try to do two chapters. By the time I've posted this, I've also edited some more of the earlier chapters so they'll be easier to read and just better written.
This story has definitely not followed my initial hopes, so I'll probably do plenty of edits and longer chapters when I get the chance and motivation.
Well, I'll stop boring you with this, I'm sure you just want to get to the storyline.
Enjoy loves!

(Y/N) POV

*Time skip because I'm a lazy ass and wanna get on with the real plot*

After a long day of torture, I head to my locker to gather all of my things.
'Thankfully since we just got back from break we have a short week of school and it's Saturday tomorrow.'
I thought as I closed my locker, but my fantasies of weekend lounging were cut short at my name being called, and I turned my head to the direction of the sound and saw Ink walking toward me with a small smile on his face.

"Hey (Y/N)! I was wondering, if you're free tomorrow would you want to meet up somewhere to talk or work on our projects or something...?" He said, trailing off a bit as he finished his sentence.
"Why not. I don't have any plans yet, and I haven't been informed of any special events either, so sure."
"NICE >:D"
"How did you do that?"
"Do what?"
"The- the thing! With your voice, it was like 'aaa' but not"
"You mean >:D?"
"....... OH SHOOT THE BUS"

I ran off in the other direction, Ink following behind me. As I left the building I saw the line of school buses head off in their respective directions, and collapsed on the ground in defeat.

"Dang it."
"Do you want me to bring you home?" Ink offered. I suppose it's my best option right now, but I didn't think he'd be legally allowed to yet, does he even have a driver's license? My train of thought was interrupted by Ink waving his hand in my face, trying to snap me out of it. When I looked up, he was perched on his paintbrush, which was floating in the same fashion a witch's broom would be.
"You good?" He asked, snapping his fingers in front of my face, still trying to break my self-induced trance.
"How are you doing that?" I wondered out loud, pointing to his brush.
"Magic, do you not remember what I texted you last night?" He said, a joking grin resting on his features.
"Damn, you weren't joking, huh?"
"I said I was telling the truth, though if you want a joke, I've got a pun journal."
"Maybe another time. I need to get home now, if you don't mind."
"But of course my friend, hop on." He said, making space for me on the brush/broom thing he was on.

I sat behind him, careful to not lose my balance, when we were lifted off the ground by nothing other than this 'magic' he was constantly referring to. The sudden movement startled me, and I quickly wrapped my arms around him, trying not to fall off.
"Hold on tight lol." He said, amusement in his voice.
"No ship Sherlock." I responded as sarcastically as possible to hide the awkwardness I felt at this close contact.
"Uhm, not to sound creepy, but I kind of need to know where you live if I'm going to bring you back." He mentioned, glancing back at me.

Ink POV

They gave me their address and I took off in that direction, flying above the trees and people walking home or walking their dogs. I took a quick look over my shoulder at (Y/N) to see them marvelling at the sight of being at bird's eye view and chuckled to myself at the amazed look on their face.
'I'm gonna scare 'em lmao.'

I quickly dropped down about a foot and a half from where we were, hearing a small sound of sheer terror from behind me. I couldn't contain my laughter after that.
"HAHAHA!"
"INK! YOU BUTT!!!"
"Meh, it was worth it." I said, shrugging.
They elbowed me in the back, and then I dropped down again. They once again gave a small shriek, clinging to me to avoid falling off. I looked back and smirked at them, to find them glaring at me with a small grin on their face. I turned back around and after a few more minutes we were at their home.

"Hey, before I leave, where do you want to meet tomorrow?" I asked, as we still had not yet officially established a location.
"I dunno, but let's try to avoid places we can't actually talk. Also no parks, those are usually boring." They said, visually cringing at the mention of a park.
"Hmm..."

(Y/N) POV

I thought about any possible places we could go, when I saw Ink's face light up like he just had the best idea in the world.

"I've got it! How do you feel about going to another universe?" He asked, stimming from excitement.
"What, you mean like reality shifting?" I asked, recalling all the times I tried to shift to (fav show/book).
"Kinda, but not really. So, have you heard about Alternate Universes, or AUs?"
"Yeah?"
"So, there's another AU of this world -really there's like billions but that's not the point- and if you would like, I could take you to one or two of them! If you want to that is..." He said, trailing off at the last bit. "Sorry, I got a little excited there..."

"No need to apologize, I get like that too. Now, where exactly would we go? You said there's a lot of these AUs, so how do we chose which one? Also, is this for sure safe? I'm not going to get stuck in some twisted timeline or anything am I?"
"No, that's not exactly how it works. It is safe as long as we go to an AU that isn't inherently dangerous on it's own, but I wouldn't do that."
"Oh, that's reassuring. On that note, it's getting pretty late, now that we know what we're doing, we can figure out where  we're going tomorrow when the time comes?"
"Yeah. See ya?" Ink said, giving a small wave.
"See ya." I waved back

With that, he got back on his brush and took off, leaving me to head inside.

A/N+Edit: I hope y'all like the story so far! I originally cut this chapter short due to not knowing what I would do for (Y/N)'s living situation, but I think I got it figured out for the plot.
Catch ya later, simps!