Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

4

AMY

He crouched down in front of Hayley, and I could just tell that he knew she was his. Unlike me, Damien was an expert when it came to handling children. Sometimes when it got too tough with Hayley, I would stop to think and ask myself, 'what would Damien do.' It helped most times, but the other times, I was left with no answers because only Damien could actually do these things the way only Damien could.

But now, seeing both of them together made my heart full. I wanted time to stand still. I wanted to feel this relief till I was contented. I just wanted my life back. With him. With Hayley.

If only I have the guts to freaking put an end to my father's life myself. With him in the picture, I could never be free.

A smile broke out on Damien's face, the corners of his eyes creasing. "Really? You're a- You're a fan?" He asked her, adam's apple bopping up and down. He was holding on to a lot of emotions, and I could just tell by the look he gave our daughter.

My vision blurred.

Looking away, I discreetly wiped the corner of my eyes.

"Yes! My best friend Carly loves makeup a lot! She's 10. She loves your sister, Rhea, a lot, but we can't buy the makeup because Dimple says it is really expensive, so we steal Uncle Joe's laptop when he isn't watching adult films and watch Rhea's makeup tutorials."

"Really?" Damien's questioning eyes briefly raised to meet my regretful ones.

He was probably questioning my parental skills.

I will admit. I'm not exactly the best, but I try to do all I can. My father cut off my allowance when I decided to keep Hayley, and I've had to live with Joe in a neighborhood that was really unfriendly to kids and people with fathers like mine.

That still didn't stop my father from assigning guards to watch my every movement.

He looked back at Hayley. "So, how do you know me?"

Hayley grinned. "Carly did research. One day she came back from her cousin's place with printed pictures. She said she found Rhea's brothers. And I thought you all were really pretty people. Dimple is the only pretty person I know, so I was very happy knowing so many pretty people. Carly says pretty people are cool."

Damien grinned.

"Carly is going to flip if she knows I met you."

"Is she?"

Hayley nodded.

The day she brought a printed picture of Damien, Elroy, and Cade. I'd been so scared. She had wanted me to help place the picture on her bedroom wall.

I did, and after that, I went to my room and cried.

The people she admired so much were her own blood. She could have more, so much more than the life I could give her, but—it wasn't exactly in my hands to make that decision.

"Well, I'll tell you what," Damien said, his hand going to stroke her cheek. "You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I'm in awe of your beauty."

Hayley chuckled. "You're just saying that because I said you were pretty."

"Never. I really mean it."

"Thank you. What about Dimple? She's the only reason I'm this pretty. I tell her all the time, but she never believes me." Hayley went closer to him, going to whisper in his ear. Loud enough for me to hear. "She thinks she's ugly. She's crazy."

My heart got caught in my throat as Damien looked up at me. His eyes had turned a bit glassy and red.

"She is crazy," Damien said, his eyes finally leaving mine as he smiled at Hayley. "I think she's pretty too, but not as pretty as you, Hayley."

icon lock

Show your support for MOMMY R., and continue reading this story

by MOMMY R.
@Emelradine
Season 1 of Marrying Mr. CEO They had the perfect life. Highschool sw...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 56 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @Emelradine.