Interlude II: Selfish Endeavours

In the Nemesis, Advent was looking at a map on the monitor with Steve. "What are you thinking of Lord Advent?" asked the Vehicon.

"It is obvious that the Autobots will keep an eye on Smokescreen after the decode the next set," Advent told his assistant. "We have one Key, and they have the rest. It seems like they need all four since they seem desperate enough to fight for it."

"What are your plans now son?" Megatron asked as he walked in.

"Reassessing our current predicament. The battlefield, the players, assets, and resources. We have one of the item that the Autobots want, but they need all four. It means something. A piece of a larger puzzle, and only they can answer."

"Then we need someone who can give us the answer," Megatron said. "I came here wondering if you have anymore ideas in finding relics."

"There's nothing to report, Lord Megatron," Steve reported. "We are looking into the auctions. We have identified many items of interest. We are waiting for evaluation for Lord Advent."

"It is you have been taking active initiative in the Decepticons," Megatron said. "I am quite surprised that you had carved your place within our ranks."

"It's thanks of you being your son," Advent said. "But I've been working in several places since my teenage years. I have developed a sense of what I have to do to prove myself. There are no inconveniences internally so far and everything is working relatively well. I don't think I need to take drastic measures to shake things up around here."

"Internal inconveniences?" asked Megatron.

"Egos that can cause inconveniences life here. I have deposed several officers at my intern place for being very rude and inappropriate."

"So, you will oust any in power in that inconvenience you?"

"I was raised responsible my mom. What can I say?"

"Won't it be more inconveniencing, Lord Advent?" Steve asked.

"You're talking to the one who worked two part time jobs and freelance since the age I hit puberty. Taking down an pest at an internship, is extra work I'm used to."

"You should not have to work at that young of an age," Megatron said.

"You were not there, father. You were absent when I grew up. I had to work hard to get what I want. Mother and I grew up poor, father. The things I want is unobtainable by our living standards. I had to work myself to the bone to get what I want. Fencing gear, transport, food, housing, bills. Mother's job can carry us but I don't want her to tire out."

"An admirable effort to relief your mother's burden," Megatron praised his son. "But don't you think you are silently stressing her?"

"Stressing her? What you mean?" Advent asked.

"She fled the battlefield to raise you away from the turmoil of war, only to be burden you at a young age to pull your own weight in the household. Not only that, but I feel guilty to not see you grow. And mature this rapidly."

"Rapidly?" Advent quired.

"From what you have claimed Lord Advent," Steve said. "You should be the Cybertronian equivalent of a late infant or a toddler."

"With a father that's as old as human civilisation, I shouldn't be speaking at all." Advent let out an unamused huff. Megatron chuckled.

"Though your mother had left amusing footage of many of your childish antics," Megatron said. "You very much have an affinity for speaking out your mind."